Newby McNewberson - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Newby McNewberson

My zx12 has an electrical issue, so I traded my 02 Yamaha RS Warrior for a 04 zx10r. I'm sure I will have questions, this appears to be one of the few forums for zx10's that people actually use. She has a Scott's dampener, and a Micron Slip-On. Other than that I don't know. I think I want to change the exhaust to a ridiculous loud GP type exhaust, will this hurt performance or the bike? I daily ride to work, so having a loud bike is just safer, if they don't see you they definitely hear you. So far all I've ordered is a set of shorty levers(how I roll), and likely get some foam slip ons for the grips, have a bad wrist from a previous accident. Any recalls or known problems I should look for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 05:02 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Will View Post
My zx12 has an electrical issue, so I traded my 02 Yamaha RS Warrior for a 04 zx10r. I'm sure I will have questions, this appears to be one of the few forums for zx10's that people actually use. She has a Scott's dampener, and a Micron Slip-On. Other than that I don't know. I think I want to change the exhaust to a ridiculous loud GP type exhaust, will this hurt performance or the bike? I daily ride to work, so having a loud bike is just safer, if they don't see you they definitely hear you. So far all I've ordered is a set of shorty levers(how I roll), and likely get some foam slip ons for the grips, have a bad wrist from a previous accident. Any recalls or known problems I should look for?
The loud exhaust won't make a difference studies show they still don't hear you. The 04 has a stator issue. I have over 10,000 miles on mine and the stator is still working fine but a lot of owners have reported failures. Other than that their rock solid. Some owners have reported that their frame developed a crack. Frame on mine has been fine.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Correction, it's a Muzzy slip on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Yeah this one has 22k and everything appears tip top. Will look at the frame more in detail though.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 05:07 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I see your in Phx. I'm in Chandler perhaps we can get together and ride sometime. I do a lot of track days with Xcel at Arizona Motorsports Park. Awesome track.

The 04 can use a brake upgrade. It has a non radial master cylinder and the stock caliper's have some flex in them. Replacing the calipers with ZX6 or ZX14. I used a brembo radial master off a late model R1 for about 170 bucks. Sadly Yamaha has caught on to it and have jacked up the price to the point where there's no savings over a racing brembo master.

Last edited by TechX; 11-14-2014 at 05:21 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 11:31 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

to the forum that slip on is huge you can cut it down and it will be loud!

Its green and it says Kawasaki ninja zx10r on it!
post #7 of 7 Old 11-17-2014, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

This true, loud exhaust don't exactly save lives but for me, if I get stuck in a situation that I'm forced to ride next to a car, I give a little rev to let them know I'm there. Or I will rev if they start to merge into my lane without seeing me. I did notice the front brakes are a bit lack luster. Was gonna bleed em and check the pads until I can find a better set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in