2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 Old 10-23-2018, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melampus View Post
MARK <> It was my first track day ever, and 'twas undeniably, incontestably, & unequivocally the most fun I've had in as long as I can remember. An absolute blast! I've already got a new job to generate the monies necessary; I've dieted 5kg off my gut to get back into fighting shape for my next trackday; and I'm resolutely committed to becoming the best version of a track day rider I can be.

That tire photo was after the first 20 minute warm-up/orientation session. I got exponentially better as the day wore on. I was simply too exhausted to keep my body position in check once I actually stopped wondering what turn came next. By that point, at almost 140kg in leathers, my legs just couldn't drive forward up off the pegs to get under the inside of the bike, and I was stuck in the seat for the entirety of my day. My goal is to lose 20kg; I've already knocked 5kg off that... 15 kilos to go.

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f32/my-...ad-351375.html
I did a track day on my 650 the other week, agree so much fun!!! I've only been riding a year (but have done 20000kms so putting in the seat time) but I dont move much in the seat on the street. It wasn't till the track day that i started to move and was so much more hard work! Was completely battered that night and I wasn't even moving that much either haha. Was very happy with my times too, one of the quickest in the beginner group with lots of foot and peg scraping, such a strange feeling! Can't wait to get the zx10r out on the track.

Amazing work on the the dieting, there really is nothing more motivational than a track day to celebrate the loss! What type of training/dieting are you doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 10-23-2018, 09:25 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
MARK <> . I hear ya; I was sore for 2 days! I agree scraping pegs can definitely be unnerving the first few times it happens. You most likely won't be scraping like that once you get out on the 10R... which is gonna be a blast! As for your feet, keep the balls of your feet on the pegs, and your toes should tuck in nicely avoiding any scraping. Keeping your toes extended out is a good way to break an ankle.

Diet is straightforward: Cut out nearly all sugars (simple & complex); I'm not exceeding 2,000 calories a day; and I'm vigilantly drinking 4L of water a day. Also, the trackday wasn't celebrating the weight loss - it was, in fact, the impetus thereof. After taking that beating & not being able to walk for two days, I committed to getting back into shape.

Training hasn't begun, yet. I just started a new job one week after the trackday, and the demands on my time are quite extreme while I'm getting situated. Once I learn the systems that are in place & then get my new protocols in order, then I should have a routine whereas I can institute a cross-training regimen of some sort.

Cheers...

Embracing the silence amid a life & land full of static...
post #13 of 24 Old 10-28-2018, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
So annoying!! spent all days installing a power commander only for it to not start once fitted. Took its all back to the beginning and she started again! The unit was getting power just not firing!!

Will try again next weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 Old 10-28-2018, 04:18 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Is there a base map in the PC5 ? Sounds like Not! If not or even if yes go on there web site and download the nearest map to your bikes spec, I'm sure it's just that if you did in fact fit it correctly.
post #15 of 24 Old 10-28-2018, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
Is there a base map in the PC5 ? Sounds like Not! If not or even if yes go on there web site and download the nearest map to your bikes spec, I'm sure it's just that if you did in fact fit it correctly.
I actually didnt check and didnt have a usb cable to connect to my computer. One is on order (its amazing how i dont have a mini usb cable). Is there a way I can check without it being wire to the bike?
post #16 of 24 Old 10-28-2018, 06:35 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Unless the sender loaded a base map which is unlikely without communicating with you, then thete won't be a base map. Did a cable not come with the PCV? I'm sure but I may corrected by other members that if you load an appropriate base map in you'll be fine.
post #17 of 24 Old 10-28-2018, 06:37 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry, answering your question, the PCV does not need to fitted to the bike to load and view maps.
post #18 of 24 Old 10-28-2018, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Sorry, answering your question, the PCV does not need to fitted to the bike to load and view maps.
The PCV came with the bike and didnt come with the USB cable. As soon as it arrives in the post ill check the maps. Ill keep you posted but thanks for the help &#x1f642;
post #19 of 24 Old 11-09-2018, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
I think you were right! loaded a map, tried again and success. Either i plug it correctly this time or the map but either way... she started up &#x1f642;
post #20 of 24 Old 02-07-2019, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
So i have a couple of $$ to spend and thinking either -1 +2 sprockets and chain or braided brake lines. Any suggestions in which was i should go?

Loving the 10r, such a fun bike and always puts a smile on my face. My only worry is adding kms to it; added about 5km in 2 months and dont have any intentions of slowing down haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in