Gen 4: 2011-2015 NewB!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spoke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-13-2016, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

NewB!!!

figured id introduce myself before I lurk the boards for info. Kenny from Mass. 2012 ZX-10R. Has a slip on and other than that, its stock. Its so slow. I was kind of nervous of the bike at first but as I rolled on the throttle to learn the bike, its boring. My car feels like it would blow the fairings off the side of the bike. Its time to change that feeling. Been doing a little research and it seems to wake this bike up will be a Guhls reflash, -1 (16T) front sprocket and a filter. Seems like anything else you do will be spending hundreds of dollars for 1hp. Ill probably toss a power commander on it depending what the a/f looks like but other than that, leave it alone. Hopefully bike wakes up and is fun. See you guys around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-14-2016, 10:48 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Ateav8 !

I'm sorry, I wouldn't consider any literbike as 'slow', much less a 2012 ZX10R. Unless you have a Nitro Funny car as a daily driver I can't see it blowing the fairings off it either. A box stock 2012 10R can do low to mid 10's and 180+ mph. Unless something is wrong with the bike, it is fast. Now you can make it quicker from a stop with a gearing change but slow it is not.

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-14-2016, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Ateav8 !

I'm sorry, I wouldn't consider any literbike as 'slow', much less a 2012 ZX10R. Unless you have a Nitro Funny car as a daily driver I can't see it blowing the fairings off it either. A box stock 2012 10R can do low to mid 10's and 180+ mph. Unless something is wrong with the bike, it is fast. Now you can make it quicker from a stop with a gearing change but slow it is not.
Depends on what youre exposed to. Nothing is wrong with the bike, its just slow. Hopefully I can wake it up. You dont need a nitro funny car to smoke a bike. 50-150mph my car will destroy this bike and just about any bolt on liter bike considering the zx-10 is the faster of them. I just honestly expected more from this thing. Lets see how it responds to mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-14-2016, 02:29 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Hum, you must own a pretty fast car. What kind of car do you have?

Oh ya, Welcome to the madness.
2K16/10r likes this.

Rich

It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50

Last edited by Spoke; 06-14-2016 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to welcome him on board.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-14-2016, 02:55 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Call TJ at 866-931-6644 ext 817. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
post #6 of 7 Old 06-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATEAV8 View Post
Depends on what youre exposed to. Nothing is wrong with the bike, its just slow. Hopefully I can wake it up. You dont need a nitro funny car to smoke a bike. 50-150mph my car will destroy this bike and just about any bolt on liter bike considering the zx-10 is the faster of them. I just honestly expected more from this thing. Lets see how it responds to mods
If that is the case I'd truly like to see that car.

again, and there is tons of good info here on making that bike of yours truly as fast as you expect it to be. Great guys on here with lots of knowledge too. Good luck!

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-14-2016, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

92 Talon

I used to own an 07 zx10 that made 173whp. That was ok but got boring after a while. I expected the 4th gen to be some animal but its like I just picked up where I left off. Then again, bike is basically stock and im 260lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in