Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

Kawasaki ZX-10R.net (https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/)
-   Welcome Newbies! (https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f70/)
-   -   New ZX10R owner from Katy, TX (https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f70/new-zx10r-owner-katy-tx-89496.html)

tojo92 05-26-2010 08:06 PM

New ZX10R owner from Katy, TX

Just saying Howdy. I recenlty bought a 2006 ZX10R with less than 300 miles on it. It is a pristine example that had been stored in a climate controlled garage.

Two Bros Single CF exhaust
Throttle Meister Cruise Control

I changed the oil/filter and have already put 300 miles on it. Love everything about it, except the brakes. I have already ordered a set of CBR1000RR calipers off of eBay (with SS lines already attached!).

I will use the search function and learn what I can. Great site from the lurking I have been doing...except for that whole cutting the frame thing that one dude did.

Staton

Sebastian1000 05-26-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tojo92 (Post 1459659)
Just saying Howdy. I recenlty bought a 2006 ZX10R with less than 300 miles on it. It is a pristine example that had been stored in a climate controlled garage.

Two Bros Single CF exhaust
Throttle Meister Cruise Control

I changed the oil/filter and have already put 300 miles on it. Love everything about it, except the brakes. I have already ordered a set of CBR1000RR calipers off of eBay (with SS lines already attached!).

I will use the search function and learn what I can. Great site from the lurking I have been doing...except for that whole cutting the frame thing that one dude did.

Staton

Welcome. :welcome:

Are the Honda lines the same as the 10's? :dontknow:

Go put some miles on that bad boy.

TROOPER 05-26-2010 08:18 PM

Welcome, same neck o the woods. Good site here with cool peeps and great info. What kind of riding do you do, is this ur first bike? Check the local forums for meet & greetsif u like that stuff. Going to one tonight at bw3's on hwy 6 west of 59, bout 8:30 if ur interested.

Enjoy the bike, good choice.

tojo92 05-26-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian1000 (Post 1459667)

Are the Honda lines the same as the 10's? :dontknow:

I'm not sure. Figured if they do fit, I am ahead of the game; if not, I still got the calipers for a reasonable price. $109 delivered.

tojo92 05-26-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROOPER (Post 1459669)
Welcome, same neck o the woods. Good site here with cool peeps and great info. What kind of riding do you do, is this ur first bike? Check the local forums for meet & greetsif u like that stuff. Going to one tonight at bw3's on hwy 6 west of 59, bout 8:30 if ur interested.

Enjoy the bike, good choice.

Thanks for the welcome. I would join you tonight, but have family plans.

I usually ride track days at GSS on my KTM450SMR, or with LSTD or RideSmart at TWS or Cresson. I also ride with TSBA for SMR's to Fayetville, or 3090, etc. I also have been taking trips to the Hill Country (Bandera, Kerrville, or Leakey) since late 1999 and still do, although not as much as I would like.

Not my first bike, I have had quite a few. I usually ride older bikes (Eyetalian) and like to fix up the suspension to more modern standards. This is my first "newer" liter bike I have owned. I am really impressed with this bike overall (except the brakes).

I do post up on Motohouston, TWT, and TSBA. Recenlty joined some of the other boards, but don't really post much there.

Thanks,
Staton

miykl 05-26-2010 08:37 PM

Me thinks I know this bike and it's ex owner well. :wink:

tojo92 05-26-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miykl (Post 1459692)
Me thinks I know this bike and it's ex owner well. :wink:

Me thinks you are correct.

Hawk Baron 05-26-2010 08:40 PM

Always nice to greet a fellow texan.:welcome:

I thought my '06 had low miles.... WOW, what was price if you don't mind sharing?

miykl 05-26-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tojo92 (Post 1459696)
Me thinks you are correct.

I keep telling people I am. They usually don't believe me. :dontknow:

:cool:

TROOPER 05-26-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tojo92 (Post 1459687)
Thanks for the welcome. I would join you tonight, but have family plans.

I usually ride track days at GSS on my KTM450SMR, or with LSTD or RideSmart at TWS or Cresson. I also ride with TSBA for SMR's to Fayetville, or 3090, etc. I also have been taking trips to the Hill Country (Bandera, Kerrville, or Leakey) since late 1999 and still do, although not as much as I would like.

Not my first bike, I have had quite a few. I usually ride older bikes (Eyetalian) and like to fix up the suspension to more modern standards. This is my first "newer" liter bike I have owned. I am really impressed with this bike overall (except the brakes).

I do post up on Motohouston, TWT, and TSBA. Recenlty joined some of the other boards, but don't really post much there.

Thanks,
Staton

Nice, my avatar is from GSS two weeks ago at the first clockwise day. Im on MH & HPC, and do a few of those rides here and there as well. I'm sure we'll run into each other eventually, holler at me if we do. White Shoei Tamada helmet, can't miss me on the stealth ninja.

Later.