New ZX10R owner - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-15-2015, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

New ZX10R owner

Good morning everyone. I'm Igor and I just bought a new 2014 ZX10R after my friends, family, and random strangers told me, "did you know motorcycles are dangerous?" and "I hope your life insurance is maxed out because liter bikes are a death sentence."

Yes, I knew those things already, thanks :) haha, just kidding folks.

Anyway, some background: I have been street and track riding a ZX6R for over two years and decided to make my 6 a dedicated track bike after a particularly nasty track high side broke too many parts to ever restore to street in a cost effective manner. I had wanted a 10 pretty much as long as I've know about the existence of motorcycles and I was finally able to pull the trigger on buying one.

Here are my initial thoughts after 24 hours of ownership: Holy powerband Batman!!! Like, there is power everywhere. She just takes off like a rocket (except from red lights, which I understand now thanks to a nice write up for new owners I found here). I honestly did not expect such an enormous power difference. I knew it would be more, because 998 > 599, but the power difference is so high that you'd think I was riding a toy bike before, and the 6 isn't exactly slow.

So anyway, I am looking forward to exploring everything this bike has to offer and learning more about it on this site.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, pics or it didn't happen :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150314_134516_1426421424258.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	313665   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150314_134528_1426421453266.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	313673  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-15-2015, 07:17 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

welcome! what are your plans for the bike?
post #3 of 7 Old 03-15-2015, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

It will be street only, at least for a couple years. Track crashes are expensive since insurance doesnt cover them. After 2 or 3 years, I will probably track it because, like many people, the track calls to me. As for mods, I honestly think this bike was made extremely well from the factory. I might get a slip on so people can hear me, but there is probably no need to go for more power on something that has more of it than I know what to do with.

I say that, knowing full well that I love to tinker, so who knows... my 6 has been modded to hell, but that's just because I wanted to squeeze out as much as I could from that little engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibekman View Post
It will be street only, at least for a couple years. Track crashes are expensive since insurance doesnt cover them. After 2 or 3 years, I will probably track it because, like many people, the track calls to me. As for mods, I honestly think this bike was made extremely well from the factory. I might get a slip on so people can hear me, but there is probably no need to go for more power on something that has more of it than I know what to do with.

I say that, knowing full well that I love to tinker, so who knows... my 6 has been modded to hell, but that's just because I wanted to squeeze out as much as I could from that little engine.
Congrats! It will be street only!....I f I had a new Mod for everytime I have heard this,I would have a very custom One of a Kind bike!!!

Anyways have fun be safe...............
post #5 of 7 Old 04-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Slo
Is still Slo

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
First off, congrats!!

Second, I call BS on just about everything listed above haha. I said the same when I bought my 2011' and it literally lasted two canyon rides. It just wasn't doing it for me.

Mods, where's does that even end? You may start with a slip on, but then, you'll throw in frame sliders and swing arm spools, tank pad of some sort..... Just minor things.... Then it'll be a flash, levers, rear sets, case covers, fender eliminator, pads, HIDs, possibly new bits of gear... Some of the items are minor, but damn do they start adding up.

Good luck on trying to stick to the "I'll leave it for a couple years except for an exhaust" hahaha......

2015 ZX10R - Archer flash+goodies - Arrow - TechSpec lock kit tank pad - Spiegler lines
CL Pads - 520 kit - LSL sliders & rearset - Yoshi case guards - custom seats - Gyrocam GoPro 4 Silver
post #6 of 7 Old 04-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I might get a slip on so people can hear me, but there is probably no need to go for more power on something that has more of it than I know what to do with.
I said that too. Then I started ordering parts before I signed the papers for the bike. It all started with a slip on. :p
post #7 of 7 Old 04-05-2015, 10:11 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

You'll like the bike a great deal more once you toss those Brickstones and put on some better rubber, Q3's being the usual choice. This bike is very fun and predictable and forgiving if you're paying attention. Set up right, it holds it line beautifully and brakes and turns very well. Power is no issue for the street. So you will probably be very pleased with it as the miles roll by.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in