New from the QC (Iowa) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-18-2014, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

New from the QC (Iowa)

Hey everyone,

i bought my 2012 zx10r 2 seasons ago. haven't really done much to it. just cosmetics , Hotbodies tinted screen, LP relocation bracket, graves frame sliders (i guess those are functional :P) i mostly ride to work and out on the weekend. tho i plan to convert to lost of track time in the near future.

future changes: i plan to do rear sets and slip on soon ill be spending some time at Road America later summer early fall. the slip on will be to shave some weight, the exhaust and silencer are so bulky on these things. i'm open to suggestions from people. i've looked at graves, and M4 and FMF. anyone know which is preferred?

cheers :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2014, 12:05 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome to the board. The slipon is mostly what looks good to you. There's not really much of a power gain so its more about what look you like. I went with Leo Vince Carbon because I liked the look and it came with the butt plug to meet the sound requirements of our local track.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-18-2014, 12:20 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighttron10R View Post
i've looked at graves, and M4 and FMF. anyone know which is preferred?
Good looking bike!

I've had the Taylormade, the M4 GP and now the Graves full.

Wasn't too happy with the quality of the Taylormade so I sold it.
The M4 GP I had for a while longer and enjoyed it, eventually it got too much with the noise level (both for my ears and the track noise certification level). So that was sold when I bought my Graves full system.

I would say, go with either the Graves slip on or the M4 Street Slayer just based on sound and fitment. Personally I like the low mount exhausts that bolt up to the rear set as compared to those that bolt up high to the rear passenger peg. If I don't have the girl on the back (once or twice a year), I have them removed.

Performance wise, get anything that removes the stock cat. The stock cat and pipe is probably a good 20 pounds of metal not to mention it restricts the exhaust flow slightly.

Have you looked into flashing your ECU by chance? That, with a slip on, will take the bike to the next level and make it an entirely new beast. I do offer a flashing service here on the forums. You can find more info in my sponsor forum here; https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218786 if you have any questions feel free to ask in that thread or shoot me a PM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in