Well, I've finally formalized my relationship with the site. I discovered the site a couple months ago, while searching for ZX-10R information from like-biked souls. And while this might make it sound like I was a free rider, I did pre-order two t-shirts . . .
I have a 2005, Magma Red, that I got a great deal on last November. I've made a few select modifications to the bike, including:
- Heli-Bars (a great addition-not that the stock bar position was too strenuous, but the new baras are defintiely an egonomic improvement)
- Galfer S/S lines front and rear and EBC HH pads up front (my soft and inconsistent braking experiences are now a thing of the past)
- Zero Gravity Double-Bubble windscreen (not as much of an improvement at highway speeds as I'd hoped, but still better than stock)
- Apex Industries fender eliminator (uses the OEM turn signals, and looks good now--but was not as straightforward an installation as the maker stated)
- Euro front turn signals
- frame and swingarm sliders
- Metzeler Sportec M3 tires (just excellent!)
I'm strongly considering dropping the gearing and installing a SpeedoHealer--I can't remember the last bike I owned that didn't have lowered gearing!
I'm in Northern Virginia, and in the five years I've lived here I've had two bikes stolen--a 1999 ZX-9R (recovered wrecked) and a 2001 GSX-R1000 (never recovered). I'm attributing that streak of bad luck to the apartment complex where I used to live. It was a bike thief magnet, apparently. Between the Gixxer and my new best friend, I had an old VFR (theft-proof through obsolesence) which kept me riding and, therefore, didn't let the bad guys win by keeping me off two wheels. I moved last year, and this meant a return to Team Green was just a matter of time!
Thanks to everyone who made, and makes, this site happen. I'm looking forward to my experience here!
Last edited by Green Dude; 05-19-2006 at 01:22 PM.