New guy and racing green mag - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 05-12-2008, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Rip

Posting Frequency

Talking New guy and racing green mag

About a year ago I bought a 06 Ninja 500 after having been away from riding since my Yamaha Seca 750 shaft drive in the mid eighties. I didn't want to jump right back on too big of a bike right away until I got my skills/confidence in order. Besides the excuse for returning to riding was avoiding high gas prices driving around my Giant Expedition.

Fast forward to a coule weeks ago. I have been loving the return to two wheels and had 15k on my little green Ninja but was fighting a hankering for something more. My mind wanted a ZX-14 but after sitting on one found felt rather large for my 5'9" 120lb body. Well a couple hundred miles after the dealer made my latest oil change I was cruising down the highway and felt a sudden power drop. Didn't seem I should be out of fuel quite yet. Looked down...oil all over the rear wheel. Pulled over looked and sure enough, oil plug was missing.

F%*#@K! Dealer tried to give me a trade in deal that wasn't for shit so I just told them to fix it, went right away to the next closest dealer and picked up an 07 ZX-10R which I just dropped off today for the 600 mile break-in maintenance. Owning my own computer network consulting company of course led me to the internet and the nirvana of finding the best damn bike forum on the planet. Thank you guys for being here and giving me the comfort of knowing I have a ton of people standing by with info/opinions I can take stock in.

Anyway on to what caused me to finally register and give a holler to my new found peeps. I was glancing through the racing-green mag and got a big chuckle from the article on John Hopkins not having a motorcycle endorsement. So he can ride is Vespa! SO they ask him whether a ZX-10R is up next for him...and his reply.
Quote:
"I don't think so, man. Riding on the road is too dangerous. I'll stick to the scooter back home and the ZX-RR on the track, thanks."
WTF!! I guess ANthony West will have to be my guy. I can't respect someone who thinks riding a real bike on the road is too dangerous.

and OBTW green is fastest for sure!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 05-13-2008, 02:32 AM

Posting Frequency

Welcome man, grats on the bike! Probably should have posted this in the newbies section though
post #3 of 24 Old 05-13-2008, 02:43 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Congrats and welcome...

Hope you enjoy the stay...

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 05-13-2008, 06:13 AM
Ninja Police!

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Killa Kawi Send a message via MSN to Killa Kawi Send a message via Yahoo to Killa Kawi Send a message via Skype™ to Killa Kawi
ahah i def agreen with ya..green is most fastest..

Troops on Tens Gen 3 Owners RaceFit Growler Owners
Current Machine: '14 S1000RR-White/Grey/
Past Machines: 06-R6/07-GSX-R1000/08-ZX-10R/11-GSX-R1000
post #5 of 24 Old 05-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Hmmm.....it IS freaking dangerous on the road....if I got to do what he did as much as he gets to, not sure I'd ride on the road either......Soccer moms in their mini vans or SUV of choice talking on their cellular and teenagers texting their friends WHILE DRIVING scare the hell outta me everyday. I see Hoppers point. I think he's a realist.....
post #6 of 24 Old 05-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Ninja Police!

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Killa Kawi Send a message via MSN to Killa Kawi Send a message via Yahoo to Killa Kawi Send a message via Skype™ to Killa Kawi
i def agree..with the bad drivers..and also included are the people that dont care, as we are on 2 wheels and they have 4..we will get hurt and they wont..so they say fuck us..i have seen it happen..and i have had it happen to me, they didnt care..they knew i was gonna move out of their way..so they came on top of me anyway..and if i had not seen them they would have ran me over..i hate drivers like that..i now kick car doors when that shit happens..i have kicked about 200 cars, while driving.. they try to run me over and so i move out of the way and then i catch up to em..i give them the finger and kick their car and speed off..just my technique to fight back against bad drivers...

Troops on Tens Gen 3 Owners RaceFit Growler Owners
Current Machine: '14 S1000RR-White/Grey/
Past Machines: 06-R6/07-GSX-R1000/08-ZX-10R/11-GSX-R1000
post #7 of 24 Old 05-13-2008, 10:32 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Kawi View Post
i def agree..with the bad drivers..and also included are the people that dont care, as we are on 2 wheels and they have 4..we will get hurt and they wont..so they say fuck us..i have seen it happen..and i have had it happen to me, they didnt care..they knew i was gonna move out of their way..so they came on top of me anyway..and if i had not seen them they would have ran me over..i hate drivers like that..i now kick car doors when that shit happens..i have kicked about 200 cars, while driving.. they try to run me over and so i move out of the way and then i catch up to em..i give them the finger and kick their car and speed off..just my technique to fight back against bad drivers...
i like that

2008 Ninja Zx-10R

2005 GSXR 600 track bike
#637 NESBA

08 GSXR 600
post #8 of 24 Old 05-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Funshine Bear

Location: Back on the road again. Auto club speedway is my new home.
Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to minichevy

If you ain't first, your last!
Thats a registered trade mark of Rick Bobby INC.
post #9 of 24 Old 05-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome. Just wait till your first track day. You'll be non-oping your bike. It's been over a year for me and I don't miss the street at all.
post #10 of 24 Old 05-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Kawi View Post
SAME HERE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in