4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-12-2016, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
New Guy post from India

Hello

Just picked up the 2016 model 10R here in India. Been looking out for a supersport to serve me better at the track than my 2012 Ninja 650 (which now gets to handle all the touring duties). Almost picked up the 10 back in 2014 but had to wait and glad that the wait has resulted in getting my hands on the upgraded machine.

Looking forward to getting some good info on the 10 from the forum and contribute the best I can to the community.

Cheers and ride safe.

Varun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-12-2016, 08:13 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Varun! The greatest site there is to get started with for your 10R.

Lets see some pics of that beast!

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #3 of 15 Old 04-12-2016, 03:14 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Wellcome mate!I luv Indian food!mmm Indian..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 04-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hi and welcome mate

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
post #5 of 15 Old 04-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Welcome! How is the riding in India? Often hear of classic bike parts being shipped that way but always curious what the motorcycle culture is like around the world!
post #6 of 15 Old 04-13-2016, 01:40 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

When I taking a bunch of track day classes a lotta sub continent Indians were fellow students. Every one of those guys were fun to ride with.
vroomshankar likes this.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-14-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thanks for the welcome folks. Will put up some pics as soon as she comes home from the dealer. Too lazy to go there and click some

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomanyyc View Post
Welcome! How is the riding in India? Often hear of classic bike parts being shipped that way but always curious what the motorcycle culture is like around the world!
Hey. The riding scene in India is quickly improving but its no where as developed as the States or Europe. I dont think there are any manufacturers not selling their stuff in India....from MV Agusta and Moto Guzzi to the Japs and Brits...everyone has set shop here and the demand for their products is absolutely crazy. Indians are making more money these days and at a much younger age than before. All good indicators for big bike manufacturers.

What we do need though is for the government to wake up and recognize the rising number of big bikes on road. The road quality though improving still has tons of scope for improvement. Its also a pain getting High octane fuel here or decent quality tyres. Thankfully the culture of track riding is on a considerable rise and gets more and more recognition as a sport now.

The worst part is the amount of taxes one pays on the big bikes here. The 2016 10R costs about $16,000 odd in the US if I am not wrong. The same bike is about $30,000 here. Few exotics like the S1000RR and the RSV4 etc are three times their US pricing here.

But hey if you are riding a big bike in India, you are nothing less than a superstar for the crowds

Sorry for all my rant.
jr0065 and Ranjit1194 like this.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-14-2016, 09:51 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Sounds good. I was under the impression the police don't like the bigger bikes as they can't keep up with them on their 100cc bikes?
Didn't know there were tracks in India either! Next time in in Asia. ....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
post #9 of 15 Old 04-14-2016, 11:00 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Congrats on the bike.... just a cat delete and reflash will transform the bike.

In dominican Republic is the same.... a new zx10r cost 25K usd... but the bike like exploted in the last 3 years since lots of people buy bikes in usa, send them here with 55gal tanks and pay no duty and reclaim the insurance the stolen bike in USA!!!!
Or buy them in USA stolen and send them here...
So a bmw 2015 cost 9K usd a 2014 just 7k

Jut a note... my bike is 100% legal purchased in and paid all its duties in customs...
post #10 of 15 Old 04-14-2016, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahwales View Post
I was under the impression the police don't like the bigger bikes as they can't keep up with them on their 100cc bikes?
Didn't know there were tracks in India either! Next time in in Asia.
The cops really cant chase the big bikes and their behavior towards riders in general differs from state to state. Most big cities have cops who are aware of and appreciate a well kitted rider but go a little into the countryside and you might be pulled over for looking like a robber or a stuntman. Cant do much other than being aware of your rights and being polite with the police. They like polite people I think. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp12 View Post
Congrats on the bike.... just a cat delete and reflash will transform the bike.

Or buy them in USA stolen and send them here.
Thank you. I have heard that the cat deletion and a juicebox (reflashing not an option here) will transform the bike. So will a 2 teeth difference on the front sprocket. All of it on the cards to keep me busy with this bike over the next few years.

Until about half a decade back India too used to get majority of its superbikes via the grey/smuggled channel and folks used to skip on taxes and forge papers. There was a massive crackdown on these bikes by the DRI and customs here after which now you need to have your "stuff" made of steel to think about getting a smuggled bike in. Plus with all the manufacturers now having set up shop here its always better to buy a clean bike with clean legal papers. Though paying almost double the price of the bike compared to other countries isnt a very palatable thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in