New Guy - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 07-06-2016, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

New Guy

Hello guys im new here i just sold my 100rr 05 and got a kawasaki zx10r gen 4. I have a r1 2009 it had cct problem and clutch problem all that is fixed now and its very nice bike. The zx10r is also very nice bike, so im happy so far. But now i see this damn bike also have cct problem damn japanese cant thy make good ccts Its okey i did every mod on my r1 buy my self. So it cant be hader on zx10r

So i have recorded a video on my zx10r (cold start) and wonder if this is how it should sound or do i need cct mode on this zx10r.

https://youtu.be/3svdJ8O_024
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0829.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	378242  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 07-06-2016, 08:33 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Welcome new guy.

And yes that noise is the CCT. I've had mine replaced on the Gen 5 under warranty for the newly designed one. There is still however a slight sound of it.
Your one doesn't sound super bad, but it'd be worth checking out. May just need tightening.

2016 - ZX-10R KRT Winter Edition
https://www.instagram.com/superbike.turtle/
post #3 of 25 Old 07-06-2016, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwa View Post
Welcome new guy.

And yes that noise is the CCT. I've had mine replaced on the Gen 5 under warranty for the newly designed one. There is still however a slight sound of it.
Your one doesn't sound super bad, but it'd be worth checking out. May just need tightening.
Thanks, is there a new on for gen 4 also if so what part nr ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 07-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Hello and glad to have you here in the forums!
post #5 of 25 Old 07-06-2016, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearviewrider View Post
Hello and glad to have you here in the forums!
Thanks man
post #6 of 25 Old 07-06-2016, 10:51 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coca View Post
Thanks, is there a new on for gen 4 also if so what part nr ?
Not as far as I am aware. The redesign was for the Gen 5 since their stock one is rubbish. I don't know if they're interchangeable. You'd have to speak to your Kawi dealer as they are only being sent out on a need by need basis.

2016 - ZX-10R KRT Winter Edition
https://www.instagram.com/superbike.turtle/
post #7 of 25 Old 07-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Hi!

may check out this forum post.. https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/cam-...oner-6933.html

quick search and there is alot of post about cct.

one i posted has several post about either replacing with a manual one or you can try to tighten the automatic one with taking it out to manually move it or rolling the bike back and forth to get it to automatically tighten.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~-1 +2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
post #8 of 25 Old 07-07-2016, 10:32 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Welcome!

The Gen 5 CCT is new and for 2016 and apparently has some issues extending properly. It's different than the Gen 4.

Adjusting the Gen 4 one is fairly easy. Remove the right lower fairing, take the spring retaining bolt out of the CCT and remove the spring. Put a small screw driver or allen key, or any type of small rod. Push the rod lightly and you should feel the CCT plunger extend a notch maybe two. Put the spring and bolt back in. The procedure should take less than 30 mins and one of these days I'll get around to making a video of how to do it. If you remove the entire CCT, then you'll need to reset it and extend the plunger in the motor like I'm describing.

Depending on where the motor winds up when you turn it off, it would be best if you remove take the timing cover off and rotate the crank by hand with a wrench while doing this. This will help get the cams in the proper position as to keep the front side of the cam chain run under tension. Again, it's pretty simple and should quiet it down quite a bit.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #9 of 25 Old 07-07-2016, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by belkins View Post
Hi!

may check out this forum post.. https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/cam-...oner-6933.html

quick search and there is alot of post about cct.

one i posted has several post about either replacing with a manual one or you can try to tighten the automatic one with taking it out to manually move it or rolling the bike back and forth to get it to automatically tighten.
Thanks, Yes i know i have seen many post on this forum about the cct. Thats why i ask if my sounds bad or normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Welcome!

The Gen 5 CCT is new and for 2016 and apparently has some issues extending properly. It's different than the Gen 4.

Adjusting the Gen 4 one is fairly easy. Remove the right lower fairing, take the spring retaining bolt out of the CCT and remove the spring. Put a small screw driver or allen key, or any type of small rod. Push the rod lightly and you should feel the CCT plunger extend a notch maybe two. Put the spring and bolt back in. The procedure should take less than 30 mins and one of these days I'll get around to making a video of how to do it. If you remove the entire CCT, then you'll need to reset it and extend the plunger in the motor like I'm describing.

Depending on where the motor winds up when you turn it off, it would be best if you remove take the timing cover off and rotate the crank by hand with a wrench while doing this. This will help get the cams in the proper position as to keep the front side of the cam chain run under tension. Again, it's pretty simple and should quiet it down quite a bit.
Thanks, So i should only remove the big cap and force it to click with somthing that fits in the hole ? do i feel when it clicks this way ? and is there no risk to overthight it this way ? Dos my bike sound bad or is this normal kawa sound ? i love this bike almost more then my r1
post #10 of 25 Old 07-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Well, can't add any more the CCT thing..

Coca!

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in