New Forum Member - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-27-2019, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

New Forum Member

Hi guys I am new to this forum. I picked up a used 2017 ZX10R ABS the other day and would like to get as much info as I can about this bike and what mods I can do. The last Kawasaki I had was a 1996 Kawasaki ZX-6R. Now I have a 2015 BMW S1000R, 2016 BMW S1000RR, 2016 Ducati 1299, 2011 Harley Davidson Super Custom. All the bikes have been extremely modified. And Im looking forward to sharing what Ive done to the ZX10R so far.
belkins likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-28-2019, 05:58 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Turbo
post #3 of 11 Old 08-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soutri View Post
Hello! I am new here, nice to meet you all
welcome to the club, what do you ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-02-2019, 09:25 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
Hi guys I am new to this forum. I picked up a used 2017 ZX10R ABS the other day and would like to get as much info as I can about this bike and what mods I can do. The last Kawasaki I had was a 1996 Kawasaki ZX-6R. Now I have a 2015 BMW S1000R, 2016 BMW S1000RR, 2016 Ducati 1299, 2011 Harley Davidson Super Custom. All the bikes have been extremely modified. And Im looking forward to sharing what Ive done to the ZX10R so far.
what have you done so far
post #5 of 11 Old 08-02-2019, 12:23 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome, you got any pics of this ZX10R you speak of?
post #6 of 11 Old 08-03-2019, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedsocal13 View Post
what have you done so far
Right now Im still working on the bike. And Im still waiting on a few parts. I removed my CNC Racing adjustable folding 180mm levers from my Ducati in order to get the CNC Racing shorty adjustable levers and install the ones removed on the ZX10R. However I must of looked up the wrong part # on the clutch lever. Only the CNC racing folding adjustable brake lever fits on the ZX10. So I have the CNC Racing clutch lever on order from my brother who is dealer. Im also waiting on a pair of CNC racing rear turn signals. At this time here are the things that were ordered and either installed or waiting to get installed. Here are the items installed and waiting on to get installed
1) Attack Performance rear sets
2) Graves Performance short cat delete exhaust
3) ECU flash from 2 Wheel Dynoworks
4) Graves smog block off plates
5) Sprint air filter
6) CNC Racing Evo grips with throttle
7) Zero Gravity windscreen
8) Gilles Tooling brake and clutch lever guard
9) CNC Racing folding adjustable 180mm brake lever
10) Luimoto front and rear seat covers and front seat gel insert dropped off at friends to install
11) Metzeler Racetec RR (medium and medium) tires waiting to get installed once the seats are done so I can ride over to a spot and get them installed
12) CNC Racing foldable adjustable 180mm clutch lever on back order
13) T-Rex-racing frame sliders, motor covers, spools, front and rear axle protectors
14) CNC racing LED rear turn signals on back order
15) CNC racing load equalizers for rear turn signals
16) New 7 inch longer steel braided rear brake line to make Attack Performance rear sets fully adjustable because stock brake line is too short and will only allow the plate to be mounted to the 1st and 2nd lines from the right. The actual plate with footpeg , master cylinder and brake line move with the secondary plate to adjust onto the main plate instead of just the footpeg moving. I bought it from this one place here on long island that just sells hoses for everything. It would have cost me $30 but because of the stock banjo bolt with this stop coming out of it they had to remove it from my brake line and weld it onto the new one. They didnt have that particular banjo bolt. So it cost me $62.

I would highly recommend anyone who wants steel braided brake lines to call this place. Its called Moreland Hoses and belts. Their number is 516-485-9898. I brought them my stock brake line yesterday and it was done yesterday. They make dual brake lines for Harleys and all sport bikes. And they have a variety of colors to cover the steel braided brake lines. I dont get anything from them on this. And I only found out about them last week when I went to this place called Rolling Thunder for some parts for my Harley and asked them about ordering a brake line. Thats when they told me about this shop. Well its not really a shop...its actually a huge place.

Ill post pics of what the bike looks like now without the seat and without some of the other parts I ordered and then post pics of when its done.
post #7 of 11 Old 08-03-2019, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

All mods have been done and waiting to be done in the last 3 weeks since I got the bike. Once I get the seats back hopefully Monday or Tuesday I will drop it off to get the tires installed on Tuesday or Wed. I also this killer helmet lock being shipped to me. Mounts right into the hand controls. Replaces a screw. I have it on my 1299, S1000R, S1000RR and Harley. Here is a youtube video of it being installed on a Harley. Thats how I installed it on my Harley. But it installs the same way on sport bikes, right into the switch housing hand control. However I couldnt install it that way on my Ducati 1299 because there was no room. So Lidlox makes a different version where this this 1 1/4 inch plastic strap lined with metal wraps so it cant be cut wraps around your clip on and the lock is on that strap.

google them and check out their website. They cost $47.95 for one and they sell packs of 2 also. Some are priced a bit more than $47.95 but not by much. https://lidlox.com/
post #8 of 11 Old 08-03-2019, 09:11 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
sounds like you got a big list going of aftermarket stuff. love to see pics when it is done.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~-1 +2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
post #9 of 11 Old 08-03-2019, 12:16 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

post #10 of 11 Old 08-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
man you should just do the seat covers yourself. I did, was super easy, I love how they look. also, asv levers at least the c5 forged ones don't break and if they do they will replace no questions asked for 5 years so no need to get lever gaurds. It's a sports bike not a dual sport but to each thier own. here is a pic of my seats
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190803_135155_1564865688685.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	423589  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in