LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 Old 10-18-2018, 11:26 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Dyno's all read different.
I entirely agree that getting hung up in HP numbers is an exercise in futility & that a Dyno's merit is in it's comparative ability to compare gains/losses after modifications, but to entertain the reality where a basically stock Gen4 with only a flashed ECU is honestly making 190hp at the wheel - I suggest is poor place to begin when trying to attain a 200hp dyno target. I guess if the true goal here is just to gain 10hp on that dyno and rather, not to achieve a true 200hp target, then I understand your premise & acquiesce. My logic is simply: if he wants 200hp at the wheel - like he asked for, I reckon he's got a long way to go.

Embracing the silence amid a life & land full of static...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 10-18-2018, 12:38 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Your friend was bs-ing you with 190hp or the dyno was way off! A tune means everything man. I see bone stock bike derestricted bikes beat bolt on tuned bikes all the time. ALL the time. Your friend's tune is just bad if that's a reliable dyno. A gen4 can hit 190 without touching the motor. The port/polish/cam is good for conservatively 12HP. That with a thinner (assuming it's thinner) head gasket, a good tune, and something other than a K&N filter and you'd hit 205HP with 93 all day on the dyno.

Put a gen5 side by side with your buddy's gen4 and if he doesn't win a roll race his tune is sour. You live in South Florida? Talk to my good buddy Nick Russo @ NicksPerforanceTuning on Instagram or go to Ace Performance Tuning. They are the best tuners down south. I guarantee you, numbers aside, you will see a noticeable difference in the way your bike performs from idle to redline. I had my bike tuned three times and wasn't happy until I put my trust in Nick.

When in doubt... send it!

Last edited by ddipaola; 10-18-2018 at 01:11 PM.
post #13 of 17 Old 10-21-2018, 11:44 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
DIPAOLA <> I'm a little unsure if your last comment was directed at me. It doesn't seem to apply to me, but then you talked about S. FL so I'm guessing you're talking to me.

As I said in my first text, I'm just confused here. I'm new to all these new bikes as I've been outta the game for a minute, and I was simply unaware a Gen4 can hit 190 at the wheel without touching the motor. As explained, I was basing that off my buddy's Gen4 that was built, flashed, and dyno-tuned at https://www.kwsmotorsports.com/index.htm. I don't know them from a hole in the wall, but they are lauded so highly around here I had thought they were well beyond competent. I'm nearly positive CLCRacingAaron just had some work done there. As for my buddy's Gen4's tune being "sour", I don't know. I know it easily walks away from everything I've ever seen next to him... scarily easily. I'm not saying his bike is faster than Nick or Ace - I know it's not, but I do know he's the type that wants it faster so I'll refer those shops. He had already asked me for a referral to add nitrous. I was going to refer him to this guy "Willy" that is sorta legendary down here for his ECU flashes for top-end racing out on 27. Interestingly enough, when I Googled Nick's Performance there is a video of Ace vs. Nick via Manny vs. Willy
so I'm guessing we're both talking about the same people/shops. Thank you for the input, and I'll post up if anything interesting happens.

Embracing the silence amid a life & land full of static...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 Old 10-21-2018, 07:32 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Wellcome Dan enjoy mate!
post #15 of 17 Old 10-21-2018, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I appreciate all the advise from everyone. I think I’m just going to keep it the way it is and be happy. It’s not like I’m going to be drag racing. I was hoping there was a way to increase more power to the bike without doing a ton to crap.
post #16 of 17 Old 10-22-2018, 07:03 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
As long as your buddies bike is walking everything it's next to then we can at least be sure the dyno he was on was undercutting him :p. I was only concerned because I deal with both Nick and Ace who do that kind of cam and porting work all the time and I know it's not cheap! $3-4000 worth of work only to make 190HP was concerning... if he can walk Gen5's he's good to go

When in doubt... send it!
post #17 of 17 Old 10-22-2018, 09:41 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

A dyno is a tuning device. The numbers dont mean shit. The difference in calibration, conditions, SAE/STD correction values will all give different numbers. If you are looking for 200HP give me your bike and $500 and I will give you a dyno sheet with a 200HP measurement with some quick changes to your tire pressure and STD correction.

This is the biggest BS discussion on a motorcycle forum with members across the globe. Might have better luck with an ignorant discussion like this in your local cycle gear.
Melampus likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in