My First Bike - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-16-2010, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Cool My First Bike

Just got my first bike, something I can claim as my own and its an 04 ZX10R. I learned to ride 3 years ago on my dads 03 CBR 954 and in the past he's had nothing but that series (900, 929, 954) so finally being able to get my own I've decided to stray from the family line and go Ninja. I'm hoping to learn a lot about this awesome bike here and learn from you more experienced riders.

My purple beast with a purple marble paint job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-16-2010, 03:36 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

You came to the right place.

Don't take life too serious, no one gets out alive.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-16-2010, 06:05 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Congrats... & you're scaring me You did not purchase a beginners bike. In fact, I would (from my own reading & owning an 04) say you're bike is less a respecter of persons than say an 07 or 09. The 04 zx10 gained the reputation as a hooligan by some UK test riders that tested in against other new 04s. They agreed it was a top bike, but weren't fighting each other to ride it around the tight track.

Also, when I purchased my first liter bike a good friend gave me a David Hough book http://www.soundrider.com/archive/sa...torcycling.htm (it was worth its weight in gold).

Dress for the slide & not the ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

welcome...

www.sportbikepc.com
Sport Bike Powder Coating,LLC
Custom Powder Coating & Authorized Dealer for:
ASV Levers,Brocks Performance,Carrozzeria Wheels,Core Moto Brake Lines, EarthX Batteries,Sato Racing, SuperSprox..
PM or [email protected] for pricing..
post #5 of 6 Old 04-16-2010, 09:14 PM
vr6
GP Star

Posting Frequency

What it do... Welcome bro

Your 04 will feel like the 954 except the 10 does not stop pulling... Like others have said, the Gen I 04/05 is a very agressive bike. Won the liter bike shootout in 2004.

Give you an idea... Most people will only wheelie that bike in 2nd gear. In comparison my Gen III is more difficult to wheelie in 2nd and 1st is smooth.

Make sure you have good tires Pirellie, Michillen, Bridgestone any one of the three and a steering dampener. GPR, Scotts etc.

Glad you have a Jacket and Helmet get a nice pair of boots and gloves too. You can still keep some style and have protective footwear.

The bike game is serious! Okay I'm done preaching!

Again, welcome
post #6 of 6 Old 04-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Welcome aboard man and just stay safe on that monster!! i have an 04' and can tell ya that even after a couple go fast mods...i've moved on to the suspension and braking to upgrade next cause this thing is retarded fast!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in