Little guy with big bike - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-10-2010, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Little guy with big bike

Hey guys my name's Andy I've been lurking around the site for about a month and I finally picked up my 04 ZX-10R with 8000 miles. It's in immaculate condition and I got it off Jameszx10r and this bike is amazing! I'm only 20 years old and weigh 120lbs so this thing moves! The last bike I had was an old Yamaha FZR600 so it's a big jump but I am very very careful with my stuff.

Here's a pic from my iPhone right after I picked it up on my way home.

99 Montana
03 SRT-4
04 ZX-10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Nice looking 1st gen man!! and to the forum!! do you know where the slipon came from? i only ask cause i was watching one a while back and it had the titanium sato looking midpipe like yours. take it easy on that moster till you get used to her man, but enjoy!!!
post #3 of 11 Old 04-12-2010, 08:29 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Silly boys ninjas are for GIRLS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Gone Ridin'

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to twidget Send a message via MSN to twidget Send a message via Yahoo to twidget

: Twidget
post #5 of 11 Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Great buy, Mister! At twice the HP of the Fizzer, don't get silly... discipline and maturity will make the ownership experience last much longer...

But for goshsakes... get some full-gauntlet gloves, young man! (And all the other proper gear that goes along with it.. !)
post #6 of 11 Old 04-12-2010, 08:23 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

^^^+1 I see gloves but no lid?!?!?!?!? Welcome though man and enjoy that beast!! Some day I'll have a gen 1 as well, love that bike, nice choice. Ride safe!!!

post #7 of 11 Old 04-12-2010, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by flthy1 View Post
^^^+1 I see gloves but no lid?!?!?!?!? Welcome though man and enjoy that beast!! Some day I'll have a gen 1 as well, love that bike, nice choice. Ride safe!!!
I was wearing my helmet when I took the pic. It's law here but even if it wasn't I'd still wear one. I gave away my jacket with my last bike and I'm getting all new jacket and gloves dont worry. I just picked up a pear of almost brand new full size Alpine Stars SMX boots off a guy at work for $120. Went to the bike shop today to look at new jackets and gloves but didn't like any of the styles there.

99 Montana
03 SRT-4
04 ZX-10R
post #8 of 11 Old 04-12-2010, 10:20 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by italicizedsponge View Post
I was wearing my helmet when I took the pic. It's law here but even if it wasn't I'd still wear one. I gave away my jacket with my last bike and I'm getting all new jacket and gloves dont worry. I just picked up a pear of almost brand new full size Alpine Stars SMX boots off a guy at work for $120. Went to the bike shop today to look at new jackets and gloves but didn't like any of the styles there.
Not bustin your chops bro but youve probably seen some of the riders down threads lately. This forum here is a family to a lot of us and family watches out for one another. Love to see new faces around here and this is a great place to learn about your bike. Glad to hear you gear up man and welcome once again. And I still love your bike

post #9 of 11 Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by flthy1 View Post
Not bustin your chops bro but youve probably seen some of the riders down threads lately. This forum here is a family to a lot of us and family watches out for one another. Love to see new faces around here and this is a great place to learn about your bike. Glad to hear you gear up man and welcome once again. And I still love your bike
Yeah when I went to go get it I couldn't find a speck of dirt on it. It was just kept in mint condition. And I just ordered my armored jacket and gloves! w00t. Next will be 2 chatterboxes but they are so damn expensive!

99 Montana
03 SRT-4
04 ZX-10R
post #10 of 11 Old 04-12-2010, 10:52 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Ive always wanted some chater boxes for leisurely cruises with the wife but yes they are very expensive and I could be making my bike go faster with that money so I still am with out LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in