2Likes
  • 1 Post By tjg312
  • 1 Post By belkins

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-23-2018, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Legal Advice HELP

New to the page. On here for some quick legal advice or direction from the all the keyboard attorneys...
Bad News: Caught fleeing officers (don't know how the heck they got my tags down the undertail but they did).
Good News: Clean Record. Perhaps 2 minor 5-over infractions. 1 in car & 1 on bike.
Thankfully the officers, after the BS is put them through, we're surprisingly kind and respectful. I didn't give them any spit of trouble or disrespect before, during, or after I left the station to go home. Magistrate was aware of my previous clean slate, set the bail to 5000 or 10% so I was out of there in a heart beat. Bike came out of impound with no more than rain drops on it (a lucky break I guess). I know this was an asinine move on my behalf. Not a good way to rep the community :( I'm not sure if I was brainwashed from all the police negativity that floods the community or if I was just scared considering I had just got done damn near topping out the speedo (they said they clocked me at 130 and had to stop in order to get on the road and have any chance of getting up to speed).

Either way I'm headed to court in a few days and wanted to know if anyone has been or knows of anyone who's been in a similar situation and what the best case scenario could be???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-23-2018, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

FYI only being charged with evasion. So, best case scenario for evasion...
post #3 of 10 Old 07-23-2018, 03:09 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hey man,
So I'm by no means a lawyer but my buddy got caught doing the same(in a car) and got an evading charge.
He ended up getting it dropped after some community service for his clean record.. hopefully you get the same!

Shit happens dude, I'm sure the majority of the people on this forum at some point dipped from the police after having a little bit too mcuh fun on the road.. imo it's worth the risk because typically if you're stopping after getting caught in the triple digits, you're gonna get fucked anyways

good luck
ddipaola likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-23-2018, 04:02 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I have outrun several ford popo cars and suvs.. they are slow..

like tjg312 said if you get caught going triple digits your pretty fucked anyways.

Just invest in a good lawyer! Evading maybe a little different than mine. That maybe a felony. But with a clean record and a lawyer you will probably get it dismissed or lowered.

I got caught going 120mph by highway patrol motorcycle cop and ended doing a night in jail.. i pulled over soon as I seen him on the side of the highway pointing the radar at me and was not going to try to outrun the bmw motorcycle cop. He ended up giving me tickets for reckless driving, speeding, and impounded my bike. DA ended up doing a plea deal and getting it dismissed... had to take a drivers education course, fine of $700 plus court cost, and no tickets for 6 months.

Ended up costing me about $2500 after it was all said and done.. lawyer fees, impound fees, drivers course fees, court costs, and fines. Well worth it though for it to stay off your record.
ddipaola likes this.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~-1 +2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
post #5 of 10 Old 07-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

I would hire a good attorney and let them hash it out for you. I am not an attorney but deal with attorneys all the time. Being that it is most likely a misdemeanor I foresee a few scenarios, and a few options, but it will most likely be Community supervision (probation) with some days as restitution (CSR) and a maybe a fine. This is according to Texas law, so not knowing your state or local laws your mileage may vary as they say. It also benefits to get a good attorney who has a few of these under his/her belt as it were.

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-23-2018, 06:55 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Hire a lawyer, it'll get dropped to some sorta non moving violation, you pay extra money, but record and insurance stays clean

Shut up and ride.

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv
post #7 of 10 Old 07-23-2018, 07:21 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

You'll need a lawyer for the "buy in" into the legal process. Find one that does this for a living. Mine(excessive speed) cost me over $1k, but essentially it was driving school, and pay the fine.

2011 ZX10R
2012 FZ6R
2012 TU250X
2013 ZX6R
2017 GSX-R1000R
post #8 of 10 Old 07-25-2018, 09:32 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

why have a plate on at all if youre going to run
post #9 of 10 Old 07-26-2018, 03:08 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
I would hire a good attorney and let them hash it out for you. I am not an attorney but deal with attorneys all the time. Being that it is most likely a misdemeanor I foresee a few scenarios, and a few options, but it will most likely be Community supervision (probation) with some days as restitution (CSR) and a maybe a fine. This is according to Texas law, so not knowing your state or local laws your mileage may vary as they say. It also benefits to get a good attorney who has a few of these under his/her belt as it were.
I would heed this good gentlemen's advice as he is in a position to know what he is talking about. Best of luck with the outcome though. I know I've done my fair share and more of knuckle-headed things on the street and got away with it.

post #10 of 10 Old 09-23-2018, 07:07 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
just as an afterthought since this happened so long ago. I got nailed with reckless wanton felony evasion in California some years back. got a 2 year state prison sentence for it. am a whole hell of a lot quicker to pull over now but have dipped a couple times since then. it can end your life if something goes wrong or worse kill someone else. that was why so severe a punishment even though no one got hurt and no one got into an accident.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in