Gen 4: 2011-2015 Just picked up a new 13 ZX10R!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-24-2014, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Just picked up a new 13 ZX10R!!

What's up guys!
New to the site haven't really lurked around much but since I got the bike I gotta join the forum right?

Today I picked up a 2013 Ninja ZX-10R in pearl white/black from the kawasaki dealership.. Purchased the 4 year GTTP warranty so hoping to get my money's worth there. I think I may have paid too much for a 13 but oh well no turning back now.

Didn't notice at first but I guess it kind of looks like a cow now that someone mentioned it but its still sexy to me.

Now I'm not incredibly new to bikes but its been a few years. My first bike was a 97 CBR1100XX Super Blackbird then I got an 07 CBR1000RR that I crashed after being cut off at 80mph and that was the last time I was on a bike. Finally decided to sack up and get back on.

Hope to learn a lot from the forum, maybe make some friends, and see where I can take my riding.

Spent way too much money modding my car and get horrible gas mileage and i'm hoping not to do the same with the bike..
Is it bad I'm already looking at exhaust options? Akrapovic looks nice... Lol

BTW I tried to post a pic but the file size is too big!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-24-2014, 03:59 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Eat Mor Chikin!

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 12 Old 06-24-2014, 08:28 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome to the site

2016 Ninja H2 - CANADAS Fastest 1/4 - 8.34 at 169mph - 208.4mph in the mile. Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Full Polished Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm 7-11", Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, Evotech Fork Sliders, Yoshimura Tail Tidy

2011 ZX10R - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-24-2014, 10:22 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Welcome congrats !!!!!!

The Truth
post #5 of 12 Old 06-25-2014, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks guys..
Busy looking for fender eliminator kits and tail lights that are integrated with the tail..
Must resist mod bug...
post #6 of 12 Old 06-25-2014, 11:47 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

mine went from 40 mpg to 36 after light modding, i to regret it
post #7 of 12 Old 06-25-2014, 12:28 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike!

In response to gas mileage: she's not gonna be terrible on mileage, but she's not great either, especially if you keep her in high RPMs (that's where she likes it, biggity). I was usually averaging around 37 mpg, which I didn't argue about since my Trans Am gets 16 mpg (modded as well). I know some guys get 40. Just depends how you ride and try to use 91+ octane in it.

Modding: the gen4 is very easy to keep simple and cheap, aside from exhaust. I loved my Arrow GP2 can; all titanium, so basically a full TI exhaust since the OEM headers are TI as well. Just leave the exhaust servo connected and it won't throw a code/light. Look into the Rifleman 1/5 throttle insert and possible -1 or -1+2 gearing; both are popular as the midrange lacks a little on the gen4. I liked -1 up front only as it provided a good mix or mid/high range and didn't raise the front wheel as frequently as -1+2 does. You can also get nice generic double bubble windscreens off eBay made in China and save yourself a lot of $$ instead of buying brand name. I had both a Puig and generic style screen and couldn't tell the difference as far as build quality and function, but the styles were different. Also, new tread is always a good idea; I recommend Pilot Power 3's. You can get the ECU flashed cheap as well and that will de-restict it.

Other than that, enjoy the bike and take your time on the mods as she is plenty fast and looks plenty good as is

Strictly for the GEN2's Sporting the undertail with pride!
post #8 of 12 Old 06-25-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg123 View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike!

In response to gas mileage: she's not gonna be terrible on mileage, but she's not great either, especially if you keep her in high RPMs (that's where she likes it, biggity). I was usually averaging around 37 mpg, which I didn't argue about since my Trans Am gets 16 mpg (modded as well). I know some guys get 40. Just depends how you ride and try to use 91+ octane in it.

Modding: the gen4 is very easy to keep simple and cheap, aside from exhaust. I loved my Arrow GP2 can; all titanium, so basically a full TI exhaust since the OEM headers are TI as well. Just leave the exhaust servo connected and it won't throw a code/light. Look into the Rifleman 1/5 throttle insert and possible -1 or -1+2 gearing; both are popular as the midrange lacks a little on the gen4. I liked -1 up front only as it provided a good mix or mid/high range and didn't raise the front wheel as frequently as -1+2 does. You can also get nice generic double bubble windscreens off eBay made in China and save yourself a lot of $$ instead of buying brand name. I had both a Puig and generic style screen and couldn't tell the difference as far as build quality and function, but the styles were different. Also, new tread is always a good idea; I recommend Pilot Power 3's. You can get the ECU flashed cheap as well and that will de-restict it.

Other than that, enjoy the bike and take your time on the mods as she is plenty fast and looks plenty good as is
I'm not really worried about the gas mileage too much..
Its my car that I have a gripe with. 13mpg average but with 460 horsepower I can't really complain toooo bad getting 30+ now haha.

So wait, that means there is a restrictor on this bike??? Like 120 mph or something?
Its still new I'm breaking it in I have like 80 miles now so I haven't opened her up too much and the tread is brand new.
I've never raised the front wheel on any of my bikes before. Not really trying to either because I don't want to experiment on this bike and drop it.
post #9 of 12 Old 07-05-2014, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Finally uploaded a pic.. Lol

post #10 of 12 Old 07-05-2014, 03:17 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Man you should have saved yourself some money and got a Gen 1. The Gen 1 can be set up for drag racing and beat a Gen 4. Too late now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in