Ich bin Americaner - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-24-2016, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Ich bin Americaner

Whats up everyone. My name is Greg and I am in the US Army, and currently stationed in Stuttgart, Germany. I will be getting out in 2 months an heading back to the homeland of Frederick, MD. One of the first things I plan to pick up is a cheap car, and then the most important thing, a new(ish) bike. I plan to pick up a Gen 4 or 5 as soon as I can. And it being winter means I shouldnt have trouble finding a good deal on one.

As far as my background of riding. I started on a 2008 R6. It being my first bike I didn't do many mods to it, and performance wise it stayed bone stock. I ended up selling it like 8 months later because I felt I didn't want a bike, boy was I wrong.

I went bikeless for a very long time. I then picked up a 2004 Cbr600rr for cheap since it needed some work. I only had it a month before I traded it for a quad.

My next bike purchase was the one that changed everything. I picked up a not-so-stock 2003 GSXR1000. My god did that thing teach me how to ride. It was the first bike I took to the drag strip, the first bike that I really rode balls to the wall. I am grateful that it didn't try to kill me.

My next bike was a 2003 Z1000, because wheelie. I did -1/+3 gearing and I probably could have gotten 80K miles out of the front tire, because it was never on the ground. But this bike did try to kill me. From what I remember, I went down in a construction zone, and went head first into a concrete barrier at somewhere near 70 mph. I remember waking up on the sidewalk with my bike in front of me in pieces. I walked away with just a semi severe concussion.

Next and last bike I owned was a 2003 VTR1000F Superhawk. This was the first v-twin bike I have owned, and the first carb'd bike. But goddamn did I love it. Never gave me any trouble and ran like a top.

I do have some experience riding on a track as well. I took my Superhawk to a track day once, and have ridden a Ninja 300 on the track as well (now that was truly a fun experience). I also have ridden a Fully AMA built S1kRR and ZX10r, and that is what pretty much forced me to decide that my next bike would be a Gen 4 or 5 zx10.

But anyways, thats a lot of TL:DR, but in short, name is Greg, I have been riding for almost 4 years, and I want to buy a new bike in about 3 months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-24-2016, 01:08 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

to the site Greg!

Let's see her when you get her, lots of info here on whatever you get!

Merry Christmas, and thank you for your service!!

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-24-2016, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

My first bike, my 08 R6

I dont have any pics of my CBR, but here is my old GSXR1000

My Z1000

My Z and my Superhawk

My Z1000 right after the crash. This is what I saw when I came to.

And the AMA built S1kRR that I rode, and I loved it:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-25-2016, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I just noticed something, all of the pics of the Z are post-crash, that is why it looks like a bike from mad max.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-25-2016, 07:00 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome mate, whats involved in buying a Euro spec bike & taking it home with you? Just a thought
post #6 of 6 Old 12-25-2016, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in