I thought my 636 was fast - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-07-2014, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I thought my 636 was fast

Hello all, new member here from Ontario Canada. I'm the previous owner of a beloved magma red 05 636 named Rosalyn. She was my pride and joy, I spent many hours and many more dollars on her. We parted ways about 4 years ago which was very difficult for me. Well today is a new day! I recently purchased a black 2007 ZX10 (because I hear they are the fastest) which I pick up tomorrow. The excitement brings back memories of riding all night, and trips to tame the dragon. I can't wait to get back into the sport bike scene with imo the sexiest bike out there. It's bone stock as the previous owner only rode it for 9000km, so needless to say this winter as long as it will be, will be a busy one prepping her the spring to come. This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. New name for bike pending.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-08-2014, 04:51 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Hello all, new member here from Ontario Canada. I'm the previous owner of a beloved magma red 05 636 named Rosalyn. She was my pride and joy, I spent many hours and many more dollars on her. We parted ways about 4 years ago which was very difficult for me. Well today is a new day! I recently purchased a black 2007 ZX10 (because I hear they are the fastest) which I pick up tomorrow. The excitement brings back memories of riding all night, and trips to tame the dragon. I can't wait to get back into the sport bike scene with imo the sexiest bike out there. It's bone stock as the previous owner only rode it for 9000km, so needless to say this winter as long as it will be, will be a busy one prepping her the spring to come. This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. New name for bike pending.

Cheers

I like your sense of humor! Welcome.

2016 GSX-S1000
08 10r Sold
post #3 of 11 Old 10-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Weeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll...u may find some people hatin on the gen 2. Some call them whale turds...they are definitely not the fastest year though. My advice would be to lose the dual undertail exhaust monstrosity and do a right side mounted exhaust. It cleans up the rear end a lot and saves some weight. Also that year had projectors so hids work well in them. Cheers on ur New bike😄😄
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-08-2014, 08:52 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome. Enjoy your new ride
post #5 of 11 Old 10-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

As said before, you'll hear a lot of bickering towards the 06-07. I happen to own the exact same thing as you (black 07), and I couldn't be happier with it. It's performed flawlessly for me, looks extremely good (without the dual exhaust), and is mean as hell.

Any mods planned for it yet?
post #6 of 11 Old 10-08-2014, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversixspeed View Post
As said before, you'll hear a lot of bickering towards the 06-07. I happen to own the exact same thing as you (black 07), and I couldn't be happier with it. It's performed flawlessly for me, looks extremely good (without the dual exhaust), and is mean as hell.

Any mods planned for it yet?

Modifications? Oh my mind has been running wild. Being out of the bike scene for a few years, I see that some things have changed but not all. So typical upgrades like akropovic exhaust and galfer brakes front to back for a start.

Anyone know of the go to tire these days? The pilot power 2ct was all the rave 5 years ago.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Congrats on the gen 2. I love mine for a street bike.

Do a search for tires. I like the s20 and q3, but I run pilot roads on my street bike b/c they last longer and I can't even outride a q3/s20 on my track bike.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-08-2014, 04:09 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Smile

post #9 of 11 Old 10-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome to the forum and congrats with your new purchase.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-09-2014, 08:07 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Welcome to the forum. Dunlop Q3 is going to be a fan favorite for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in