Gen 4: 2011-2015 Hi everyone ✋🏻 - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 Old 10-10-2018, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melampus View Post
ANDY <> Welcome to the team, Andy, and congratulations on your upgrade! I'm on my 4th Kawi, myself. <a href="https://zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/beer2.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Beer2" >:-)</a>
thanks man! what you riding just now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 10-10-2018, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by renais View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj5 View Post
nice mate where did you move down from?
Glasgow <a href="https://zx-10r.net/forum/images/ZX-10R_net_2015/smilies/tango_face_smile.png" border="0" alt=""
title="Smile" >:-)</a>
aww i do love a wee glasgow visit... don’t normally remember much about them right enough &#x1f601;
post #13 of 15 Old 10-10-2018, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
<a href="https://zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/welcome.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Welcome" >:-)</a> Andy!! <a href="https://zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/welcome.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Welcome" >:-)</a>
hiya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 Old 10-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Cool

ANDY <> Now, I'm on an '04 "WidowMaker"... a Gen1 (04-05) ZX-10R.

I had three 2003 ZX-6RR's before that from 2003-2005. I bought one from a shady buy-here-pay-here lot, and after I put 2,000 miles on it, he said he had to swap it out bc of title issues. I didn't care; I got a second one (my avatar) with 2,500 miles on it, and put a free 2,000 on the one I gave back. My good buddy was the head mechanic for the Big Boar Drag Racing Team (Boars Head Meats), and after their rider killed hisself on some backwoods dragstrip he shoulda never been on with that bike, the team dissolved. That bike was a sick little 6RR in the SuperStock division (?), and ran 9.99 1/4 @Gainesville on a stock swingarm with a 40# ballast in the nose. They backed it up, next run at that race, with a 9.98. Bike was liquidated, and that was my third ZX-6RR... it was my baby. I used the 2nd one as my daily-rider which means it was basically my stunt/street-race bike, and then I polished the frame/swingarm/rims on my baby as my once-a-week show bike. Back then I didn't have a cage; my bikes were my daily riders. Ah... my teens & 20's.

Then Dec. 14, 2005, I was leaving my best friend's house on a bright sunny day headed to my brother's for my niece's b-day party. I was leaving his neighborhood complex putzing along at 35mph, and a 77-year-old lady was driving the wrong way down a one-way street. I came around a one-way w/a blind turn, and there she was barreling along @45 the cops forensics estimated. I had been on a street bike since I was 15, and even though @28 I was absolutely convinced there was no accident I couldn't out brake, out maneuver, or out accelerate as I did it everyday in a horribly congested & elderly area like South Florida, the time had finally come. I had two choices: lowside & get run over by her tires, or highside into the car. I chose the latter, and went flying 75' & landed on my helmet. I was dead for 5 days in a coma on a respirator with a subarachnoid brain hemorrhage, 2 broken ribs, 2 sprained ligaments in my spine, both cruciate ligaments in both knees & a collateral ligament in my right knee nearly ruptured, bruised sternum, bruised clavicle, & asstd bumps/scratches/bruises. Her insurance was minimum state required so I got $16,000 total, and was stuck with a $100,000 hospital bill. She owned nothing so I couldn't file suit, and I had to sell my baby (the polished 6RR).

Then I went a little over a decade w/o a bike. Not because I was scared; I took bikes out anytime someone would let me. i just didn't have the money, and then when I had the money I didn't have the time as I became obsessed with work trying to even out my finances as on top of that debt I had just bought my first home. Back then, the US economy was just beginning to implode, and I had a rough go, financially. Anyhow, I got the itch BAD about a year ago, and I used my girlfriend totaling her car as my segue. I gave her my truck to use for as long as she wanted, and I got a bike. It was a beat up ex-track bike I got for cheap, and I've been piecing her back together as my finances allow. It's been about 10 months I think. First, 6 or 7 months I hated riding her bc the brakes were garbage & the clutch was horrific so I barely put in any seat time. Then I made just enough money to afford all my parts. Now I've put 5,000 miles on her. Actually, just put her on the track 3 days ago; this is her:
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f32/my-...ad-351375.html

Neonmarine likes this.

Embracing the silence amid a life & land full of static...

Last edited by Melampus; 10-10-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: <added photo for veracity>
post #15 of 15 Old 10-11-2018, 03:23 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj5 View Post
aww i do love a wee glasgow visit... donít normally remember much about them right enough &#x1f601;
Hah, think I know that feeling

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in