Gen 4: 2011-2015 Hi everyone!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-21-2016, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hi everyone!!!

Hi , Bill in Daytona beach Florida. Retired from FDNY in Brooklyn NY in 2013. Degree from WYOTECH in Daytona in Asian motorcycle mechanics and a certified Suzuki service pro tech.

I would like to offer my skills to everyone here. If anyone has a question. Please feel free to ask me. If I don't know the answer myself I will reach out to my old instructors and get you an answer. I'm not looking for anything in return. I just would like to help the community.

My bikes are:
2011 ZX10r black
2014 Bmw HP4
2010 Bmw S1000rr (crashed but Rebuilding)
2012 ZX10r (purchased salvaged and wrecked looking to do a forced induction project. It runs and drives).

Have a blessed day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-21-2016, 08:52 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome to the party.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Hi Bill! Welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-21-2016, 10:29 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechX View Post
Welcome to the party.
Hey....that's my line!

Daytona....what a shithole of a town. And I say that after spending several years there at Embry-Riddle and still missing it sometimes.

Skip the Euro-trash Beemer bikes, but post up some pics of the other sleds you've got and.....welcome to the party!

TechX and My14hp4 like this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #5 of 11 Old 01-21-2016, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks for all the welcome messages. I'm looking to build a turbo track bike out of my 12 zx10r
post #6 of 11 Old 01-21-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Hey....that's my line!

Daytona....what a shithole of a town. And I say that after spending several years there at Embry-Riddle and still missing it sometimes.

Skip the Euro-trash Beemer bikes, but post up some pics of the other sleds you've got and.....welcome to the party!

Yea I feel you on the Daytona shithole thing. I only moved to Daytona because I was going to school at Wyotech in ormond beach. The problem is I have a family and a mother in law that I would have to move as well. But I would love to move to south Florida. It's cold here in Daytona. Btw I live in the sun pointe apartments down the block from Embry-Riddle. 80% of the residents in my complex go there.

I actually keep my bikes in the storage facility on Airport rd. In back of Embry-Riddle.

I will post some pics when I get home of my 11 ZX10r that's my daily everyday bike. I love it. In the 3 years I had it it never broke down. Always started up when I hit that button. I love that bike. That 2011 will be with me forever lol.

The 2012 is a crashed salvage bike that I'm building my turbo project.
I'm pretty new to these forums. Can anyone post up a link to fellow board members who turbocharged their 11-15 ZX10r bikes. I'm willing to put time and money into this project. I want to put lower compression forged pistons and rods. I want to have the head ported and flow tested. I just really want to build it to be bulletproof and fast. It will be a track bike only. Safety is very important to me
post #7 of 11 Old 01-21-2016, 02:44 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by My14hp4 View Post
Can anyone post up a link to fellow board members who turbocharged their 11-15 ZX10r bikes. I'm willing to put time and money into this project. I want to put lower compression forged pistons and rods. I want to have the head ported and flow tested. I just really want to build it to be bulletproof and fast. It will be a track bike only. Safety is very important to me
First off, welcome to the forum. Always good to have new people on here. Heads up notice, if you see a user named "Scout" on the forums; don't take his advice... especially about oil ;o)

There is a "kit" available through Holeshot Racing. My friend actually uses their stage II bike every year at Elvington in the UK when competing in the annual Worlds Fastest Wheelie attempt as the sole American in the competition.
Click image for larger version

Name:	HST1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	354210

Name:	HST2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	447.8 KB
ID:	354218

Name:	HST5.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	354234

Name:	HST6.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	354226

They will not sell the individual items as a kit; unfortunately. You either have to ship him the bike in the UK and ship it back to the US or you have to fly him and the kit over. We, well my friend is, opting for number 2. So he will be coming stateside and building up his ZX-10R so he can practice stateside before competing over in the UK in August.

If you're a DIY'er like I am, then you could probably piece together your own kit and do it yourself by looking at what his kit contains here: http://www.holeshot-racing.co.uk/ima...013_130125.pdf

That should be a good starting point as to what to look at.
My14hp4 likes this.
post #8 of 11 Old 02-08-2016, 12:59 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to famishiko
Welcome Bill

Thanks a lot and I'll can you told you same ofc :)

Welcome to the real world brooo
post #9 of 11 Old 02-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Welcome! Nice stable of bikes there.
post #10 of 11 Old 02-22-2016, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I'm sorry for the late response. I had a little fender bender with the 2011 zx10 a few weeks ago. I had to have screws into my hips. I Bought the bike back from the insurance company and plan on parting it out as soon as I get it back to my house (frame neck is broken). Am I allowed to sell used parts up here? I'm still pretty new here but I've been selling on other forms since 2007. I expect to be walking normal again and starting to part the bike out next month. Title is branded re build-able Florida salvage in my name.
Be careful and blessed everyone!!
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in