Hello from Mesa Az. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 06-07-2014, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Hello from Mesa Az.

Hello to everyone. New to the ZX, but not bikes. Been riding since 7 (trail 70, Hodaka 100, RM125, RM 400, TS 125, H1 500 triple, CB 350, KZ 400, XR500R (made street legal), CR500R (raced Gila Bend GP), GSXR 1000 (PAIR mod, TI force pipe, PC3, lightened) and now, 2013 ZX-10R

Always liked riding and modifying my bikes. Anybody in the Mesa area wanna ride, let me know.

I need help in learning on what to do to the ZX for mod.s

Thanks for any help and suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 06-07-2014, 08:38 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome enjoy the bike! Must have mods are ecu flash, 1/5turn rifleman throttle, -1+2 gearing, get the rear shock resprung and revalved, aftermarket pipe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2011, guhl flash and tune,k&N race spec,Graves ti. 3/4 slipon,1/5 turn insert,-1+2 sprockets,tech spec tank pads,hotbodies venom windscreen,T-rex racing fork and frame sliders, 55w hids,Ivans block off plates,Black Pro bolt kit, Speigler braided brake lines, Mikey Moto lightweight rear rotor.CRG RC2 shorty levers, Suspension Technologies reworked shock
post #3 of 37 Old 06-07-2014, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks, makin a list and where to get the stuff. PA. ? I use to live in Philly area for 4 years. Had worked up GSXR 1000. Rode up in Pocono's a lot. Lot of nice riding around that area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 06-07-2014, 02:13 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Got my ecu flashed by guhls in ephrata pa. Rifleman throttle off this site. Check out riders discount on here and Sportbike track gear. Sent my rear shock to suspension technologies in Florida.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2011, guhl flash and tune,k&N race spec,Graves ti. 3/4 slipon,1/5 turn insert,-1+2 sprockets,tech spec tank pads,hotbodies venom windscreen,T-rex racing fork and frame sliders, 55w hids,Ivans block off plates,Black Pro bolt kit, Speigler braided brake lines, Mikey Moto lightweight rear rotor.CRG RC2 shorty levers, Suspension Technologies reworked shock
post #5 of 37 Old 06-09-2014, 01:18 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-racer View Post
Hello to everyone. New to the ZX, but not bikes. Been riding since 7 (trail 70, Hodaka 100, RM125, RM 400, TS 125, H1 500 triple, CB 350, KZ 400, XR500R (made street legal), CR500R (raced Gila Bend GP), GSXR 1000 (PAIR mod, TI force pipe, PC3, lightened) and now, 2013 ZX-10R

Always liked riding and modifying my bikes. Anybody in the Mesa area wanna ride, let me know.

I need help in learning on what to do to the ZX for mod.s

Thanks for any help and suggestions
lm in Chandler hope we can get together and ride. I do a lot of track days at AMP with Xcel track days. Fun stuff. Cheers and welcome.
post #6 of 37 Old 06-10-2014, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechX View Post
lm in Chandler hope we can get together and ride. I do a lot of track days at AMP with Xcel track days. Fun stuff. Cheers and welcome.
Was thinkin about goin over to salt River Canyon this weekend, would you be interested in goin ?
post #7 of 37 Old 06-10-2014, 10:44 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-racer View Post
Was thinkin about goin over to salt River Canyon this weekend, would you be interested in goin ?

Father's day sunday and the wife has a pool party planned. I'm off saturday if your free or friday and Monday.
post #8 of 37 Old 06-10-2014, 10:58 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I split my time between AZ and MN/ND...

Absolutely love it out there; the weather, proximity to everything (Vegas, San Diego, Mexico), the roads to ride on, the food, I could go on and on haha. I'm actually contemplating a week long trip heading back out that way to do nothing but ride. These "rides" up here just don't cut it. Have to switch to riding track and even then thats a once in a month thing... There are plenty of good riders out there that belong to riding groups. There was one in particular that we'd ride with when we'd go to Phoenix or they'd ride with us when they came to Tucson. Twisted Bikers; they are on Meetup.com.

Anyways as far as mods, in no particular order;
Flash the ECU
Ditch the crappy BT-016s, get some quality rubber. (You can get the new Q3s for $190-something shipped, PM me if interested)
Have the suspension set up for your weight, talk with them about also shimming the rear shock.
Slip on that removes the stock cat
Rifleman's 1/5 throttle insert
-1 front sprocket at a minimum... some people go -1/+1 and -1/+2
post #9 of 37 Old 06-10-2014, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechX View Post
Father's day sunday and the wife has a pool party planned. I'm off saturday if your free or friday and Monday.
TechX, I'm in a bit of a pickle, I just ordered slip-on, windscreen, fender eliminator, and paid for the ECU flash from Archer. Want to ride this weekend, but might be wrenchin on the bike. I might put wrenchin on hold till Sunday, and ride the stocker Saturday to SRC. Keep in touch on if ya wanna run out there Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
I split my time between AZ and MN/ND...

Absolutely love it out there; the weather, proximity to everything (Vegas, San Diego, Mexico), the roads to ride on, the food, I could go on and on haha. I'm actually contemplating a week long trip heading back out that way to do nothing but ride. These "rides" up here just don't cut it. Have to switch to riding track and even then thats a once in a month thing... There are plenty of good riders out there that belong to riding groups. There was one in particular that we'd ride with when we'd go to Phoenix or they'd ride with us when they came to Tucson. Twisted Bikers; they are on Meetup.com.

Anyways as far as mods, in no particular order;
Flash the ECU
Ditch the crappy BT-016s, get some quality rubber. (You can get the new Q3s for $190-something shipped, PM me if interested)
Have the suspension set up for your weight, talk with them about also shimming the rear shock.
Slip on that removes the stock cat
Rifleman's 1/5 throttle insert
-1 front sprocket at a minimum... some people go -1/+1 and -1/+2
Thanks for the laundry list, just paid for the ECU flash through your site. Will be workin on this list this and next week. Thanks again for the guidance on the bike.
post #10 of 37 Old 06-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

welcome man, I used to lie in Scottsdale, I miss the nice hot ass weather lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in