• 1 Post By Twistedsocal13
  • 1 Post By Cyrus2493
  • 1 Post By michael4012

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-02-2019, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hello all

Ow do people,, just got myself an new SE and got a little query does this thing have anti wheelie lol, I've moved up from a zx9 e1 and can't keep the front wheel down 😂, nearly lost the missus off the back last week she was not happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-02-2019, 01:28 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Traction control should keep the front end down. Try TC 2 or 3. Not sure how that works on the SE. The shear weight from you and a passenger alone along with the now higher and rearward CG would induce squatting and therefore more of a chance to wheelie under hard acceleration.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-03-2019, 05:07 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

As they told you before, set the traction control to 2 or 3, if you still don't feel comfortable in 4 or 5.
The gen 5 has more torque and perhaps because of the geometry, it is easier to make power wheelies... but the CT should not allow it to lift more than 2 or 3 inches in mode 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Yeah, I’ve been running mine in full power and tc 3 and the front wheel stays on the ground pretty well. Mine is just an R model though, not sure how different the se is. I need to take it out to a nice straight road and play with all the different modes, it’s on my short list of things to do. Anyway, 3 works great if you want the the front to stay down.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-03-2019, 06:19 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guarf View Post
As they told you before, set the traction control to 2 or 3, if you still don't feel comfortable in 4 or 5.
The gen 5 has more torque and perhaps because of the geometry, it is easier to make power wheelies... but the CT should not allow it to lift more than 2 or 3 inches in mode 3.
in mode 3 if you really get it, the front can still lift about a foot off the ground but that's it. it's actually pretty damn cool cause it will just hold it at that height.
Guarf likes this.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-03-2019, 06:22 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guarf View Post
the gen 5 is one of if not the longest zx10r there has been, the SE is the heaviest that I know of but then again I am pretty blank when it comes to gen 2 and 3 bikes. I know gen 1 and 4 were for sure shorter and lighter than the 5. Gen 5 is supposed to have more mid range torque, not so sure about bottom end though, my gen 1 felt a whole hell of a lot more snappy off the line
post #7 of 9 Old 10-04-2019, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks everyone, I'm running it onTC3, full power. It probably only comes up about a foot so it's probably just me flapping a bit, I thi k a wheelie school might be in order, just a confidence builder,
Guarf likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-04-2019, 12:35 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus2493 View Post
Thanks everyone, I'm running it onTC3, full power. It probably only comes up about a foot so it's probably just me flapping a bit, I thi k a wheelie school might be in order, just a confidence builder,
Turn TC off! you should have more luck losing the misses
Guarf likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-16-2019, 11:19 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus2493 View Post
Turn TC off! you should have more luck losing the misses [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
lol for sure. even on setting 1 the front will lift. couple feet. only on highest Trac setting will the front not lift more than 6 inch or so
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in