Got mugged and drugged... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 Old 08-23-2006, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Got mugged and drugged...

And found my way over here from Suzuki land!

El D suggested I stop lurking and introduce myself.

My name is Doug (A.K.A. TruWrecks). The screen name is from friendly taunting, not a habit. I live in the PNW USA. I've been riding cycles for about 16 years. I've had about a year brake because I totalled my last bike, but I always wear good gear so I walked away with a grade 3 separated shoulder. Hurt like hell, but I walked away from it. Front tire washed out on a paint stripe when I was late braking in a corner. My bike lowsided, then flipped. I got off of it before it flipped. The wife freaked out about bikes for about a year after that. I decided to give her some time to cool off before I started looking again.

I know I'm going to catch hell for this...My last bike was an 04 Hayabusa LE. It was a sweet bike, it was just too heavy for my riding style. No I'm not so wrapped up in the Hayabusa that I think it's unbeatable! I know the Busa is fast.

I've been shopping for a new bike lately, and I hopped on an 06 10R. Feals better than the many other bikes I've tried. I like the leg and riding position. It fits me well.

I want a bike with plenty of grunt. I really miss that with the Busa. I want a cornering machine more than a new Busa, so here I am.

I know the 07's are just around the corner, so I'm going to wait until the bike shows to see if the 10R has any changes or other colours.

Cheers.

Last edited by TruWrecks; 08-23-2006 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Spellin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 Old 08-23-2006, 12:26 AM

Posting Frequency

PNW?

El D was right about you lurking, so start posting. Sounds like you have the squid title for only a short time.
post #3 of 75 Old 08-23-2006, 12:27 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruWrecks
And found my way over here from Suzuki land!

El D suggested I stop lurking and introduce myself.

My name is Doug (A.K.A. TruWrecks). The screen name is from friendly taunting, not a habit. I've been riding cycles for about 16 years. I've had about a year brake because I totalled my last bike, but I always wear good gear so I walked away with a grade 3 separated shoulder. Hurt like hell, but I walked away from it. Front tire washed out on a paint stripe when I was late braking in a corner. My bike lowsided, then flipped. I got off of it before it flipped. The wife freaked out about bikes for about a year after that. I decided to give her some time to cool off before I started looking again.

I know I'm going to catch hell for this...My last bike was an 04 Hayabusa LE. It was a sweet bike, it was just too heavy for my riding style. No I'm not so wrapped up in the Hayabusa that I think it's unbeatable! I know the Busa is fast.

I've been shopping for a new bike lately, and I hopped on an 06 10R. Feals better than the many other bikes I've tried. I like the leg and riding position. It fits me well.

I want a bike with plenty of grunt. I really miss that with the Busa. I want a cornering machine more than a new Busa, so here I am.

I know the 07's are just around the corner, so I'm going to wait until the bike shows to see if the 10R has any changes or other colours.

Cheers.

....you will find many here have had busa's or whatever so don't worry about that...we will give you hell later...j/m

do some searching and you will get some good info. on the 10 and it might even help to make a good choice...good luck whatever you decide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 75 Old 08-23-2006, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

I've only been lurking for a few days. I have found some really good info here. The only info I haven't looked for here, yet, is for suspension settings.

I'm sure I'll find it soon.

Thanks.
post #5 of 75 Old 08-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I've only been lurking for a few days. I have found some really good info here. The only info I haven't looked for here, yet, is for suspension settings.

I'm sure I'll find it soon.

Thanks.
Maybe I am missing something but if you don't even own a 10 yet why do you need suspension setting?....concentrate searches on handling or similar to decide if this is the bike you want. If you know El D he should also be able to give you Info. on ZX10 handling compared to a Busa...the new 10 should be even better so do some searches on the 06 as well.
post #6 of 75 Old 08-23-2006, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

I don't need them yet. I'm just curious about that kind of stuff. I like to find good things, and like to get more from them. Isn't that just a normal guy thing?
post #7 of 75 Old 08-23-2006, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

How long to I have to be a squid?
post #8 of 75 Old 08-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I don't need them yet. I'm just curious about that kind of stuff. I like to find good things, and like to get more from them. Isn't that just a normal guy thing?
yeah...that's cool...talk to El D though..he had a busa so you have a great source.

the Squid thing is 50post or more and you move up.
post #9 of 75 Old 08-23-2006, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Almost forgot. Here's my poser shot from before the wreck.

I was actually in a good mood, but the sun was a bit too bright in that pic.
post #10 of 75 Old 08-23-2006, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil
yeah...that's cool...talk to El D though..he had a busa so you have a great source.

the Squid thing is 50post or more and you move up.
Cool, only 44 more to go. I might make that tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in