Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Gen 3 noob

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Crosseyed demon 
#1 ·
Hello all! Purchased a clean lower mile 2008. It has been lowered a smidge front and back and had a m4 street slayer on it. Set suspension for my weight. Bought a 16 tooth front sprocket, speedodrd, the m4 gp full exhaust, and woolich software with wideband kit, and race tools and installed. I realize this bike is old news nowadays but after coming from a 2008 650r this bike feels like a rocketship lol. Still working on the tune. I left the baffle in the muffler but will be removing that next as it is always super rich reading. Anyhow, I have been lurking for a while but finally joined. All kinds of good knowledge on the site!:grin2:

#3 ·
:welcome: Let's see some pics!

#7 ·
Pretty standard looking bike. Idk who painted the rear tread but I won't be upset to see it go......trying to refrain from buying a new set of tires just yet. It will probably be time to get some at the end of the season anyhow. A 132 mile daily commute will wear them out the rest of the way. On a higher note, the autotune process is pretty sweet and the bike runs hard. I have done all the way to 10k rpm so far. It is hard to the upper rpm sections without breaking every law possible. My career depends on having a cdl and I hate to risk it. I might go to the local dragstrip for the rest. I am pretty happy with it so far.

#11 ·
Glad you enjoy it. I went from the 650 to the 08 10r as well this year. Been working on getting it back to very clean stock. But hope to upgrade some of the mechanics like you this winter.
Been doing some canyon carving in the Rockies and a track day. The bike is raw power over 6k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.