Gen 4: 2011-2015 First Kawasaki - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hooliganz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-04-2016, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

First Kawasaki

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Matt and I own a black 2011 ZX-10R. This is my fifth street bike, prior bikes were: 1982 Yamaha XJ550RJ Seca, 1998 Suzuki GSX-R 750 SRAD, 2004 Honda VFR 800F Interceptor, and 2000 Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa.

My gen 1 Hayabusa made 161 whp on a completely stock motor with no power adders. I managed to squeeze a 1.37 sixty foot, 5.90 ⅛ mile, and 9.28 mile out of her with lots of seat time. I am 165lbs suited. That bike was approximately 550lbs.

I bought this bike three weeks ago with the following mods:

Cat delete, Carbon fiber M4 street slayer slip on, black windscreen, Yoshi frame sliders, swingarm spools, and undertail.

Since then I have done the following modifications:

Removed mirrors, removed passenger pegs, removed front fender, lowered front 2.5 inches, installed adjustable lowering link and lowered rear to match front, installed clear windscreen, installed K&N race filter, pulled ECU and sent it off to get flashed and mapped, installed revamped ECU, installed -1 (16T) front sprocket and +1 (40T) rear sprocket, installed gen 1 shift arm, flipped 180 for GP pattern (1up5down), pulled clutch basket, sent clutch basket off to have rivets welded, installed welded clutch basket, installed Brock's clutch cushion ring, installed Brock's clutch mod, installed Brock's clutch springs (4 heavy duty and 2 extra heavy duty), and of course added the mandatory "Insert Before Flight" tag to my key.

Mods to come include a low profile front tire, front end strap, extensions or an arm (undecided which I will go with, depends on how cheap I can find an arm for), and a 44T rear sprocket for drag strip gearing after the stretch.

This bike should make right around 180 whp on the same dyno my last bike made 161 on, and weigh about 150lbs less.

Things I have learned in the short time I have owned this bike:

1. It's fast, real fast.

2. You'll need an impact. No, don't bother, just get an impact.

3. You will get into an MMA match with your rear brake caliper when installing the rear wheel. You will lose.

4. I was led to believe that gen 1 through gen 3 shift arms are the same when modifying the linkage to clear the front sprocket cover for GP shifting. This is not the case. Purchase the gen 3 shift arm when doing this mod, you will save yourself a lot of trouble.

5. You will have no less than 3 aneurysms while performing clutch work on this bike. Once when removing the side fairing, a second time when installing the clutch cover, and the third when installing the side fairing.

Well I think that about covers it! Great to be here and so far a nice experience owning my first Kawasaki. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll always do my best to help. Also any cool mods that you guys think I should do feel free to suggest!

Pics of day I got the bike and now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1451890319030.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	351682

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1451890335216.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	1,004.0 KB
ID:	351690

Black Gen 4 ZX-10R
SWB
Geared
Lowered Front/Rear
Clutch Work
ECU Flashed/Mapped
Cat Delete
Carbon Fiber M4 Street Slayer
K&N Race Filter
GP Shifted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
sweet bike !

i got a '12 with almost the same mods you have now, planning on getting rid of the m4 exhaust though
ZedX likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-05-2016, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooliganz View Post
sweet bike !

i got a '12 with almost the same mods you have now, planning on getting rid of the m4 exhaust though
Thanks man! Yeah I was considering selling it and getting an M4 GP or Brock's Alien Head. So if anyone is reading this and wants to trade exhausts... *hint* lol. What exhaust are you wanting?

Black Gen 4 ZX-10R
SWB
Geared
Lowered Front/Rear
Clutch Work
ECU Flashed/Mapped
Cat Delete
Carbon Fiber M4 Street Slayer
K&N Race Filter
GP Shifted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in