Sooooooooooooo I rode my bike for a few weeks now, again, I'm from a smaller city in the Philippines and I didn't ride too far, just around the city. So far I got 250km... I know it's not much but that's all I got. And being a newbie, this is only my 2nd bike after my scooter, since I never got to ride my zx7r before selling it. I feel like it's a really easy bike to ride, even for a newbie, just control the urge to twist the throttle too much. I never got over 130km/hr for now, and here in the Philippines, people don't usually wear gear, but don't worry I'm already in the process of buying.
Anyways here are some inputs from a newbie:
- Bike is easy enough to ride, once you get used to it, it's really light and easy to maneuver.
- Engine pulls as much as you want it to.
- I tried banking, but not too much since some roads on here have sand and i might crash myself.
Some bad stuff:
- It arrived with a leaking head cover gasket. Tightened the top and now it's not leaking anymore(so far).
- Forks are leaking, ordered from all balls replacement seals. But will arrive in May, my cousin will bring it over for me.
- Some of the leaking oil from the seals got to the brakes but so far no more problems with that anymore.
- Horns not working, need to trace where the wire's cut.
That's all for now I guess. Here's a pic. Brings a smile to my face every time I look at it. :)