Gen 1: 2004-2005 Finally uploaded pics, riding impressions - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 04-20-2016, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Finally uploaded pics, riding impressions

Sooooooooooooo I rode my bike for a few weeks now, again, I'm from a smaller city in the Philippines and I didn't ride too far, just around the city. So far I got 250km... I know it's not much but that's all I got. And being a newbie, this is only my 2nd bike after my scooter, since I never got to ride my zx7r before selling it. I feel like it's a really easy bike to ride, even for a newbie, just control the urge to twist the throttle too much. I never got over 130km/hr for now, and here in the Philippines, people don't usually wear gear, but don't worry I'm already in the process of buying.

Anyways here are some inputs from a newbie:
- Bike is easy enough to ride, once you get used to it, it's really light and easy to maneuver.
- Engine pulls as much as you want it to.
- I tried banking, but not too much since some roads on here have sand and i might crash myself.

Some bad stuff:
- It arrived with a leaking head cover gasket. Tightened the top and now it's not leaking anymore(so far).
- Forks are leaking, ordered from all balls replacement seals. But will arrive in May, my cousin will bring it over for me.
- Some of the leaking oil from the seals got to the brakes but so far no more problems with that anymore.
- Horns not working, need to trace where the wire's cut.

That's all for now I guess. Here's a pic. Brings a smile to my face every time I look at it. :)

mr_honez and ikbore3 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-20-2016, 03:14 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Thumbs up

The definitive ZX10R

post #3 of 16 Old 04-20-2016, 07:19 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Congrats man. That's a spicey bike for a youngling. Enjoy it and just respect the fact it's got some sharp teeth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 04-20-2016, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Yea thanks man. I got really scared after reading the comments and reviews about the bike. Then 1 night i couldn't wait anymore, so i took it out of the garage, drove around town, and it wasn't hard at all. Just as long as you got some self control not to twist the throttle too hard.

Anyway, anyone noticed there's a huge vibration around 4k rpm? Any way to fix that?
post #5 of 16 Old 04-21-2016, 12:25 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Some good bar-ends and softer grips probably be the cheapest way.
post #6 of 16 Old 04-21-2016, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwa View Post
Some good bar-ends and softer grips probably be the cheapest way.
I'm currently on Dimotiv grips and bar ends. Came with the bike when I bought it.
post #7 of 16 Old 04-21-2016, 01:50 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwinsee View Post
I'm currently on Dimotiv grips and bar ends. Came with the bike when I bought it.
Yeah, no offense meant, but they look pretty trash. They're bling pieces, nothing more.
post #8 of 16 Old 04-21-2016, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwa View Post
Yeah, no offense meant, but they look pretty trash. They're bling pieces, nothing more.
I dunno man, the previous owner must've had something for gold colored stuff. He even changed the chain to a gold colored one. Anyways, I'm just gonna use it for now, got no budget to change them, focusing my budget on gear first.
post #9 of 16 Old 04-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwinsee View Post
I dunno man, the previous owner must've had something for gold colored stuff. He even changed the chain to a gold colored one. Anyways, I'm just gonna use it for now, got no budget to change them, focusing my budget on gear first.
Gorgeous bike Kerwinsee. Love me some Gen 1's..

Good choice on getting ear first, your bike looks great now. Gold on a bike is not bad in itself, but needs to be sparingly done on most. I've had a gold chain too. It's not gold that is a problem, it's how much and where.

In the end it's your bike and your money. If someone else doesn't like it, well it's not their bike.
Attached Images

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #10 of 16 Old 04-21-2016, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks! I wish mine came in blue or black. I might have it painted with a little bit of black and white parts. But for now, i'll leave it as it is. Will have some plastics on the tail section repaired, it is already cracked when it arrived. Also, is it normal for it to vibrate right from full stop? Like you got a feeling it doesn't want to go, like it's having a hard time but it's actually not? I can't explain it. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in