DG Motors Purchases A ZX10R!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 05-16-2010, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

DG Motors Purchases A ZX10R!!!

Hello everyone, this is Pete from DG Motors on Long Island, NY. I currently own a performance facility in Lindenhurst, NY and specialize in the Lancer Evolution field currently owning the World's Fastest Evo 8 which ran 8.88 @ 172mph in the 1/4 mile.

I've always been into bikes and I just recently sold my old 07 ZX6r for something with a little more balls. I just purchased a left over 08 ZX10r and immediately like everyone else, the mod bug got me!

I've upgraded so far:

-Chrome Rim Package
-Race Air Filter
-Chrome Frame Sliders
-Chrome Grips
-Chrome Rear Spools
-Blacked Out Front Shield
-Yosh R55 Slip-On
-Removed Black Box On Exhaust
-Removed Cats
-Removed Secondary Butterflys
-Lowered 1.5"
-Tail Light/Fender Eliminator Kit

Here are some pictures of the bikes progress. I also removed the secondary butterflies today thanks to zx-10r.net's how to so thanks goes out to this awesome site so far.

Here are some pictures of the bike fairly new without some of the more current mods listed above:

Now I come from owning some wicked fast street cars, 1993.5 6-Speed Supra 850whp, 2006 Lancer Evolution 9 650whp, 2008 Lancer Evolution X 450whp, but nothing compares to 185+mph on two wheels and thus far this ZX10r is amazing in all aspects of down low torque to top end speed. The old ZX6r had no balls under 8,000rpm and just died up top after 125mph. This newer ZX10r has plenty of low end torque above 4,000rpm and is just flat out nuts all the way till red-line. I believe I will be a very happy camper for quite some time to come. Then again if I really need to go fast, I can always take out my pop's 2006 ZX14R !

I plan on purchasing a Power Commander 5 Tomorrow to fine tune this bike especially since I just removed the secondary butterflies Today. I also plan on building the motor and adding a turbo down the road!

Awesome forum thus far with plenty of knowledgeable threads! I plan on sticking around for quite some time with my own R&D and hopefully can add some data to the community.

Thanks!

Here is a quick video with some 186mph passes and some wheelies:

Last edited by DG Motors; 06-02-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 05-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

post #3 of 32 Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.miranda View Post
Thanks, I've owned Kawasaki's my whole life and this 10r is by far the most incredible bike yet.

I just passed the 500 mile marker and It just feels faster and faster by the day, I have still yet been able to ride it with 100% confidence like my old 6r.

I can feel the front tire coming up at high rpms and high speed no matter what, even at 150mph, the front tire just feels un-steady and It's kind of annoying.

I was able to redline my 07 6r at any gear or rpm and it felt 10x more controllable, the chrome handles sure aren't helping either. I am thinking about switching them out for rubber grips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 05-17-2010, 07:19 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

....like the pipe!

Silly boys ninjas are for GIRLS
post #5 of 32 Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Motors View Post
the chrome handles sure aren't helping either. I am thinking about switching them out for rubber grips.
Ya don't say?

Ignorance is the enemy, let's set the record straight. If history must repeat itself, why worry while you wait?- Rodney Crowell
post #6 of 32 Old 05-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Postwhore with an 04

Posting Frequency

and

You have a really good tuner in NY if you just want to go with the PC3 and get a dyno tune.
post #7 of 32 Old 05-17-2010, 08:23 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

welcome

DDM Tuning HID lights| Sportech Windscreen| ASV shorty levers| Driven D3 grips| Evotech 1/4 turn gas cap| LSL sliders| Woodcraft case covers| PCV with custom map| BMC race filter| secondaries removed| EK 525 red chain| Vortex rearsets| M4 Slayer exhaust| PSR chain adjusters| Speigler brake lines| custom front and rear seat| Pro bolt aluminum bolt kit| Hellrazor servo eliminator
post #8 of 32 Old 05-17-2010, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcm0018 View Post
and

You have a really good tuner in NY if you just want to go with the PC3 and get a dyno tune.
Thanks guys!

I've been tuning for quite some time especially with some big powered cars so I am going to take on the tuning myself but I appreciate your gesture!
post #9 of 32 Old 05-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Postwhore with an 04

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Motors View Post
Thanks guys!

I've been tuning for quite some time especially with some big powered cars so I am going to take on the tuning myself but I appreciate your gesture!
I figured after reading your first post but I know nothing of the art that is tuning and wasnt sure if bikes were different or similar to cars in that aspect
post #10 of 32 Old 05-17-2010, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcm0018 View Post
I figured after reading your first post but I know nothing of the art that is tuning and wasnt sure if bikes were different or similar to cars in that aspect
Put it this way, a motor is a motor no matter how big nor how small

In all seriousness N/A is a pretty simple task coming from big turbo charged applications and race fuel where a simple mistake can turn into an extreme mess of a bottom end.

Bikes are meant to be abused all day long and with the proper tuning, you can't really screw up if your timing and air/fuel is in check.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in