Ahhh, No more Buells ( for now) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-12-2014, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Ahhh, No more Buells ( for now)

I'm back with team green. This time I traded my 1125r for an 04 zx10. Unfortunately it has no plastics(well it's missing lowers, sides and the ones on either side of the seat.), needs a fuel pump, bent right clip-on and levers, cracked frame and it'll need a new kick stand. It's been lowered(geez) so they chopped it off. I live in the Ozarks and curvy roads are what I love. So a slammed bike isn't for me. I guess I will have all winter to get her motor pulled and frame welded. But getting all the money together for a part here and there will start to add up after a while. I knew what I was getting into when I traded. But I just thought it would be cosmetic. The cracks were on the underside and it was dark. I scoped the whole deal over with a flashlight but I missed it. Just happy to be back with a kz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-12-2014, 08:59 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteson View Post
I'm back with team green. This time I traded my 1125r for an 04 zx10. Unfortunately it has no plastics(well it's missing lowers, sides and the ones on either side of the seat.), needs a fuel pump, bent right clip-on and levers, cracked frame and it'll need a new kick stand. It's been lowered(geez) so they chopped it off. I live in the Ozarks and curvy roads are what I love. So a slammed bike isn't for me. I guess I will have all winter to get her motor pulled and frame welded. But getting all the money together for a part here and there will start to add up after a while. I knew what I was getting into when I traded. But I just thought it would be cosmetic. The cracks were on the underside and it was dark. I scoped the whole deal over with a flashlight but I missed it. Just happy to be back with a kz.
Welcome back...funny I came from a Buell as well.
had a 2009 1125r and after the 3rd stator in a summer I traded it for a gen 3 zx10r and never looked back.

2010 Zx10r Black spark Bazzaz zfi with QS,Puig Blue Double bubble,vortex rear sets,Blue Spools, fork sliders and oil fill cap,M4 street slayer,Penske triple clicker -1 +3 gearing 520 chain
post #3 of 5 Old 11-12-2014, 10:00 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

What shape was the Buell in that made you want to trade?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-12-2014, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I fixed everything that was wrong wth buell. Excellent bike man. I didn't think the ninja needed this much work.But after getting it home I soon realized I may have made a mistake. But I drove all the way to Texas to get the ninja. There really was no going back.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-12-2014, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Anyway, I'm going to need parts. I can't seem to find a right motor mount bracket on eBay. Also can't decide if I should get the cheap $30 fuel pump or a used oem off the shelf.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in