Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

2017 zx10r wont start!!!!!

8K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  myzx 
#1 ·
I am going nuts trying to figure this out. I am reading codes
P2228, barometric pressure circut low, C0064, roll rate sensor
P0107, manifold absolute
P0335, crank shaft position sensor A circut.
The bike comes on, fuel pump turns on, no flashing dash just wont crank at all! Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks!

#3 ·
I had to buy a new ignition switch for it. I bought a flashtune obd2 converter cord so I can read and clear codes, that's all. Bike is completely stock. Everything comes on when I turn the key, fuel pump, dash lights, I even tried jumping the starter from the starter relay and starter cranks but eont fire up the bike.

#4 ·
did it start before you put the adapter on it? if the fuel pump comes on and it cranks then you are down to spark. can you smell fuel after trying to crank it for a few seconds? like it's dumping fuel and just not sparking? doubt all 4 coils would fail at same time so you probably have a connection that came loose

#10 ·
Yup I did took out all the plugs and coils and test it against the engine for spark. No spark, fuel pump primes the throttle body only open a little tho when I twist the throttle wide open. But besides that everything works the way it should for pre start just no fire to kick it over...

I later on went through the harness which is fairly new nothing seem out of the ordinary, my last two option is crank position sensor, I'm getting that replace in two weeks time as well as a scanner to clear codes cause my dash start blinking.. hopefully, it's the crank sensor cause the only next option is the ECU.

#11 ·
that sucks, have not had this issue myself so dont know which direction to point you, it is typically fuel but you can check the relay box if our bike still has one, have you bothered going through the owners manual? it has if / then trouble shooting steps in it, we have it hosted here. wouldn't hurt. could be something stupid like a corrosion issue or a lose wire or even a sensor not seated properly.

#15 ·
Big thanks for all of your response guys. Let me start by saying that the bike I got is a project rebuild bike. It didn't came with tank or airbox or guage or fairings I got it from copart. Thankfully the engine does turn over just as per Normal start start up the ECU seems to be flash as well cause it does has on a woolich wire connector that goes into the center plug of the ECU. Apart from all that said I got a tank, fuel pump, airbox (with everything included except for a air filter) new ignition switch and guage. Basically all the essential parts needed to get the bike running

Note this is a 2019 zx10r KRT EDITION no immobilizer is on this version

I hook up everything on the bike to prepare to start up ignition came on, Run switch on, fuel pump prime as usual bike cranks no kick over. I pull out the coils and the spark plugs to check for spark, no spark. I check the tip over sensor to see if that was the issue...I got to find out with or without the sensor the bike fuel pump still prime in pre-start. I change the tip over sensor with one off a working bike. Still no fire. I recheck all plugs fuses and ground fairly the harness is new. I manage to bring up the codes on the dash and I got

CODE:

code 14- water temp sensor fault

Code 13 - air temp sensor fault

Code 21 - crankshaft sensor fault

Code 31- tip sensor fault

#16 ·
Sorry for the long write up just want to be in full detail and just to be sure I did check the clutch and kick stand switch that they are working and they are...

I will have a long wait ahead of me till I get my scanner to check the codes this is the one I got

#18 ·
so clutch and kickstand sensors would prevent the bike from even trying to crank, because its a newer bike, even after replacing the tip over sensor the error will still be there and im pretty sure it is not the air temp sensor so i would definitely go with Code 21 - crankshaft sensor fault being the issue, you know that amazon sells bluetooth odb2 readers and you can buy an adapter from graves or woolich or a number of other places that allows you to use whatever odb2 reader you want, woolich get me my stuff usually in 3 to 5 days so i mean its a good way to check and clear codes plus you can get live readouts of a ton of data off your bike going the route i just described.

#20 ·
Update guys I took off the crank position sensor and I run a test at the leads of the wires this is what I get..

at at first it shows that it is in range but as soon as I pass a metal object over it to simulate the cranking gear, it starts to flacuate in the highs and lows out of specified range...

#22 ·
Good job confirming that the signal from the crank position sensor is fluctuating and seemingly the cause of the issue. Guess that will be taken care of with the new sensor!

#24 ·
Hey guys sorry for the long wait....I got a crank sensor and tip sensor and code reader, I change out the parts all clears clear bike ready to start but still NO SPARK...IM LOST AND RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS...THE ONLY CONCLUSION I HAVE NOW IS THE ECU..BARE IN MIND I GOT THE BIKE WITH WOOLICH RACING ECU ADAPTER THAT PLUGS INTO THE CENTER PLUG OF THE ECU HARNESS.. ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS REALLY IN NEED OF HELP BEFORE I DECIDE GETTING A ECU

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.