2Likes
  • 2 Post By ZX10RArcher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-06-2015, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
2014 zx10r

Just picked up like it says '14 zx10r from the dealer and absolutely love it. Did about 400 in 2 days still breaking it. But so far overall I like the bike.
Now I'm looking into exhaust and power commander is needed lol but what else should I look into? Sliders, sprockets, motor etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-06-2015, 08:26 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Stay the F away from the power commander. Ancient technology. These bikes (and most bikes released here in the US from hereon out) are limited in the ECU by timing, secondaries or throttle maps. So if you fit a PCV you're not doing anything about those restrictions.

Go with the Woolich Racing box which I sell. It lets you remove the restrictions from the ECU (freeing up 20-30HP depending on the dyno) and you don't have to rip apart your bike to send out the ECU each time it needs to be updated racking up down time and shipping costs... in addition it will let you add things to the bike like removing the fuel cut, removing the exhaust servo motor in conjunction to tuning the bike.

You can also go with our autotune version which will help you forgo the dyno and tune the bike as you ride it. We also have our race tools available that add in quickshifter, launch control and pit limiter. You also get a Forum Discount when ordering from me plus I can set you up with a solid base tune ;)

Exhaust, anything decat works and I suggest the likes of Graves, M4 and Yoshi; personally I'd stay away from Two Bros (cheap) and Austin Racing (way too pricey for what you get). Some people (like myself) like the increased midrange and opted for a full exhaust (Graves full ti is what I run). Everyone has their opinion on the full exhausts, but me personally after dealing with the slip ons and moving into a full, I couldn't go back to a slip on.

Sprockets, most people get by with a -1 up front or +2 in the back. I personally run -1/+2 since I don't need to take the bike north of 175 much and will regear it if I'm on a track with a longer straight where I'd use it.

Case savers are always a good idea... BG Racing, Kawi OEM, Yoshi (I have these)...

Tires... ditch the Kawi spec BT-016s and move into a Power 3 or Q3 if you're after a tire that will work on the street and track. Never was a fan of the Kawi spec or the factory spec BT-016s after trying a set of each.

Rifleman throttle insert... helps shorten up the throttle throw to get to WOT. Instead of having to twist 90* to crack it open it's something like 72* after the insert.

Filters, you won't see much gain other than a fatter wallet with the likes of K&N, BMC, Pipercross. They all flow roughly the same and won't net you more than 1-2HP at the wheels. They are nice simply because you can clean and reuse some of them and not have to purchase a new paper element filter every time. If you're after power, be prepared to spend money for a MWR HE ($180) or MWR SBK filter ($230). These filters absolutely, no bones about it, need to be tuned for. You can't slap them and expect gains.

Other than that just the normal stuff, have the bike suspension set for your weight and if you're over 175-180 lbs, you may want to look into a new rear shock as the stocker is rather soft and needs some help.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-06-2015, 08:49 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I picked up my 2014 in January and right away stuck a full Graves on it, got an SBU flash and tacked on a Bazzaz Zfi-TC + Z-AFM. Been running a DID 520 + Vortex steel -1/+2 (ftw). :) Also put the Ohlins race SCU in and although I didn't get a lot of time on the bike with the stock ECU I can say I really like how the ESD works with that new SCU.

Last edited by tdh; 07-06-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-07-2015, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
thanks archer... you got catalogs or a way to see what you sell?
so scratch the pc got it
whats avg miles for a tire?
post #5 of 5 Old 07-07-2015, 09:17 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Crescenzo View Post
thanks archer... you got catalogs or a way to see what you sell?
so scratch the pc got it
whats avg miles for a tire?
Yup, anything on WoolichRacing.com ;) if you have questions on the product or want pricing let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in