Gen 3: 2008-2010 $1 per cc, Im back in the game! Pics inside - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 01-10-2016, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 10
Posting Frequency
 
$1 per cc, Im back in the game! Pics inside

Hello everyone :) This is my 4th bike and 1st liter bike and hope to learn. Previously owned a 05 600rr, 07 GSXR 750, and a 72 Honda CL350 (project bike)

Long story short, a guy at work was having issues with his 08 zx10r holding a charge. He told me to take it off his hands for $1000 and so I did. Bike has been Sitting on his porch for 2 years uncovered although we do live in Texas so its not too bad.

I noticed that these bikes have some serious issues with the stator and R/R so I plan on replacing those along with a new battery.

The Bad:
-Its been Dropped a few times so it does have scratches
-Front brake light switch doesn't work
-The bike wont hold a charge
-Factory turn signal were ripped off and didn't work (replaced with ebay fender eliminator)

The Good:
-I got the damn thing for $1000!!!!!!!!


It did shine up pretty nice. I plan on claying/buffing/waxing it once it is running 100%





I removed the sticker and tank pad



Thank for looking
Dirty Ninja is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 Old 01-11-2016, 02:44 PM
GP Rider
 
White Fang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,667
Posting Frequency
   
Beautiful bike and seems almost like a steal!

That's $1/cubic centimeter BTW. 1 liter is 1000cc as we all know it was a typo, bike looks really good.

Sturm und Drang

Last edited by White Fang; 01-12-2016 at 10:55 AM.
White Fang is offline  
post #3 of 21 Old 01-11-2016, 02:57 PM
I really need to get out of the house
 
Big Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 34,537
Posting Frequency
Images: 38
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Ninja View Post
Hello everyone :) This is my 4th bike and 1st liter bike and hope to learn. Previously owned a 05 600rr, 07 GSXR 750, and a 72 Honda CL350 (project bike)

Long story short, a guy at work was having issues with his 08 zx10r holding a charge. He told me to take it off his hands for $1000 and so I did. Bike has been Sitting on his porch for 2 years uncovered although we do live in Texas so its not too bad.

I noticed that these bikes have some serious issues with the stator and R/R so I plan on replacing those along with a new battery.

The Bad:
-Its been Dropped a few times so it does have scratches
-Front brake light switch doesn't work
-The bike wont hold a charge
-Factory turn signal were ripped off and didn't work (replaced with ebay fender eliminator)

The Good:
-I got the damn thing for $1000!!!!!!!!


It did shine up pretty nice. I plan on claying/buffing/waxing it once it is running 100%
With some TLC and a few $$ it'll be a sweet ride.

BD




Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Big Daddy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 21 Old 01-11-2016, 03:45 PM
GP Rider
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,060
Posting Frequency
      
That model had a recall for the regulator / rectifier, that may be why its not holding a charge. Was the recall done? You shouldn't have to pay for a new one,
Boxtradamus is offline  
post #5 of 21 Old 01-11-2016, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 10
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post
That model had a recall for the regulator / rectifier, that may be why its not holding a charge. Was the recall done? You shouldn't have to pay for a new one,
I searched for the recall on this site

https://www.kawasaki.com/OwnerSupport/SafetyRecall

but It gave me no info. The nearest dealer to me is about an hour away, maybe ill give them a call.
Dirty Ninja is offline  
post #6 of 21 Old 01-12-2016, 08:41 AM
505
Squid
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2
Posting Frequency
 
Ricks stator

Get ricks stator
Mine had the recall work done, failed again
I got one and two oem new old stock R/Rs on eBay for $49 each
Clearly the recall didn't fix it
505 is offline  
post #7 of 21 Old 01-12-2016, 12:36 PM
GP Rider
 
TechX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,624
Posting Frequency
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505 View Post
Get ricks stator
Mine had the recall work done, failed again
I got one and two oem new old stock R/Rs on eBay for $49 each
Clearly the recall didn't fix it

i did not have this problem recall fixed mine with no further issues so far.
TechX is offline  
post #8 of 21 Old 01-12-2016, 05:11 PM
GP Rider
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,060
Posting Frequency
      
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Ninja View Post
I searched for the recall on this site

https://www.kawasaki.com/OwnerSupport/SafetyRecall

but It gave me no info. The nearest dealer to me is about an hour away, maybe ill give them a call.
After the dealer performs the recall they are suppose to remove the passenger seat and put a blob of blue paint on the sub frame. That's how you can tell if it is done or not. All Gen 3s got recalled.
Boxtradamus is offline  
post #9 of 21 Old 01-13-2016, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 10
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505 View Post
Get ricks stator
Mine had the recall work done, failed again
I got one and two oem new old stock R/Rs on eBay for $49 each
Clearly the recall didn't fix it
I found a NOS oem Stator on ebay for 100 shipped, it should be here in a week.

Can you PM me the links for the R/R, Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post
After the dealer performs the recall they are suppose to remove the passenger seat and put a blob of blue paint on the sub frame. That's how you can tell if it is done or not. All Gen 3s got recalled.
I called Kawasaki directly and they told me the recall had been previously completed.

Does anyone have recommendations on what brand Regulator/Rectifier to buy? should i stick with OEM?
Dirty Ninja is offline  
post #10 of 21 Old 01-13-2016, 05:46 PM
GP Star
 
STEALTH-FIGHTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 4,167
Posting Frequency
      
Nice score! Don't know why it has to be a racial thing though ; )

What is best in life?..
TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN.
STEALTH-FIGHTER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally Back in the Game oo7arkman The ZX-10R 15 12-16-2012 09:09 PM
Back in the kawi game T_Bone Welcome Newbies! 3 06-24-2012 02:38 PM
Back in the Game DB's ZX10R The ZX-10R 18 05-07-2010 11:38 AM
NEED HELP. please help me build bike back. pics inside 26806 Performance and Tech 52 11-23-2009 10:36 AM
My bike is back - Pics inside crispin The ZX-10R 63 03-24-2005 11:47 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome