Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

07 vs 08 zx14

6K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Red Runner 
#1 ·
is the 08 that much better than the 07. I found a 07 with 2000 miles for 9000, is the 08 worth the extra cash.

#4 ·
to my understanding that pretty much what they did. or just remove the flies and youll find even better gains. there are loads of "fly-free" zx14 maps laying around the zx14 forums.

#6 ·
Like I said in the blackbird thread I rode a modded flies out 07 14 and it was a monster, and from what I've heard the 06's and 07's respond like animals to mods. And I think I read they have a little more power than the 08's because of less emmissions junk :thumbsup: But 9 grand is too much for the 07 :headshake

#7 ·
This thread poses a very good question. Is the '08 that much better than the '07. Both are very good, and if you plan to leave it stock, the '08 is the better choice. Since the programming for the secondaries has been tweaked to allow them to open sooner, the low-end power is more useful for the street. If, however, you plan to do a few mods, the '07 may be a better choice. Most 14 owners remove the secondaries, add a PCIII, and perhaps a slip-on exhaust like I did. The 2008 has a third catalytic converter in the header, so adding slip-ons doesn't fully improve the airflow.

I agree, though, that a used 2007 for $9000 is a little high, especially if you can find a new leftover for about the same price. Good luck.

#9 ·
I am no expert on the 14 as of yet but...there seems to be a host of changes to the engine to increase low end and reduce noice emissions.:dontknow: I am sure they don't add up to HUGE changes and certainly not $2000 worthy changes to go from 07 to 08 if you can get an 07.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/riding/reviews/2008/ZX14/

Give this a read....it's pretty good. Note the part about Gadson bringing a Connie 14 into the 9's STOCK. :eek:

#10 ·
i think this is a good idea we need to compare the gen1 14 to gen2 14 real world performancewise and techwise and then costwise to really see how the they stack up to each other.

#11 ·
REAL world...I doubt you would notice a difference..at least on the street. The ONLY real world "improvement" made I believe is that the engine and exhaust was made to be quieter. So if a leftover (or good used one) can be found the extra few grand might look better in your bank account. :dontknow:

#14 ·
I just wanted to add this in the 08 pretty much removed all the problems that the other years had like the recalls... And also so you know the stock air filter actually gives better results then a k&n filter... and this has been tested and proved.. so save the 60.00 bucks lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.