just did sparkplugs... wasnt that bad! TIPS! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 12-17-2006, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

just did sparkplugs... wasnt that bad! TIPS!

ok so i knew the spark plugs on the zx-10r were as dreaded as they come. I knew that in the top "reasons i own a 10" this was not on there.
step 1: admit it this will take some time...not a pain in the ass just takes some time.

step 2: strip your bike all fairings but the tail and ones around the head light but all side/lower/seat/tank got to go!

step 3: Remove the air box {remember counter clockwise}
ok so now is where it gets tricky! but easy! see the motor mounts on the side? they are triangles take those off! dont worry the motor has 2 other mounts that will hold it.

step 5: now that those are out of the way look on the bottom of your frame where those mounts were. AHHH HAAA! there is those 2 pieces of metal that are all kinda in your way. 2 12mm bolts and 1 14mm bolt and both are outa there! now you can use a swivle socket and a extension and remove all your plugs.
REMEMBER on reinstalling plugs a tid bit of anti size or grease on the threads is a good idea.
Your done put that shit back together and go riding! And remember extra nuts and bolt not cool!

I got tiered of buying go fast parts.... So i got a turbo! now i need go slow parts!
If it aint modded it aint yours!

Last edited by Big Daddy; 12-17-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in