How to Install a Ohlins SD w/ Harris kit - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 12-14-2005, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

How to Install a Ohlins SD w/ Harris kit

Today I received my Ohlins damper and Harris fitment kit. I order it in black anodized and I must say that i'm really liking the all black w/ gold details look. Thought I might share it w/ the forum and do a 'How to' in the meantime. After all it's only a 10 min job.

The Kit includes:
-68mm stroke Ohlins SD (SD121)
-All brackets, bolts and spacers required.
-A replacement for the stock top steering nut

1- Tools required for the job:

2- Use a cable tie to hold the brake lever to secure the front wheel and avoid a nasty drop when tightning/untightning the steering head nut.
Remove the tank front mount bolts and fix the aluminium bracket turned to right side using some loctite on bolts: (use loctite in all bolts)

3- Remove the steering nut and washer and replace by the Harris bracket and new nut. Torque down to 78nm:

4- Bolt the new damper clamp to the steering bracket. The clamp as a o-ring and spacer beneath it to alow some movement to the damper. The clamp fixing bolt has to be tightened with 90 degree hex key and is inacessable when the damper is in place:

5-Slide the damper on the clamp, center the steering and position the damper so that its piston shows up equal on both sides.Tighten the clamp bolts and rose joint bolt:

6- Adjust the damper to full soft to familiarize yourself to the new steering and work your way up if you feel instabilty or headshakes:

7- Have fun!

Last edited by YSR50; 12-15-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage

Discuss this mod here: https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14949

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in