ZX-12R vs Hayabusa WEBSITE - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 08-05-2005, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

ZX-12R vs Hayabusa WEBSITE

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/ldrpg

Over a dozen different magazine tests with scans and test data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-05-2005, 11:30 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

they should of used the zx10r
post #3 of 19 Old 08-07-2005, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Different type of bike... different class all together. Besides.. the ZX10R will not touch a ZX12R or Hayabusa in 6th gear.... no aero's.

The ZX10R is a Superbike class machine made for doing everything well.

The ZX12R and Hayabusa are Hyperbike class machines made for high velocity racing.

Like it or not... there are only 2 bikes that still have plenty of juice in them after 180mph.... and the ZX10R isn't one of them. The 10 is quick up to 4th gear and great in the twisties... but on open highways... it doesn't cut the mustard in 6th.

My bone stock untouched motor ZX12R with just a pipe, gearing, and remap went 199mph on GPS in roughly 1.25 miles. My buddy's identically modified ZX12R.... went 199mph on GPS as well. Hell, with a little more fine tuning they both could have gone 200mph on untouched motors.

Can you say the same for the ZX10R or any liter bike for that matter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 08-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Damn, the vid is no longer found.
post #5 of 19 Old 08-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom12
Different type of bike... different class all together. Besides.. the ZX10R will not touch a ZX12R or Hayabusa in 6th gear.... no aero's.

The ZX12R and Hayabusa are Hyperbike class machines made for high velocity racing.

Like it or not... there are only 2 bikes that still have plenty of juice in them after 180mph.... and the ZX10R isn't one of them. The 10 is quick up to 4th gear and great in the twisties... but on open highways... it doesn't cut the mustard in 6th.

My bone stock untouched motor ZX12R with just a pipe, gearing, and remap went 199mph on GPS in roughly 1.25 miles. My buddy's identically modified ZX12R.... went 199mph on GPS as well. Hell, with a little more fine tuning they both could have gone 200mph on untouched motors.

I think Phantom that most of us know the Aero advantage of the "hyperbike advantage" but even you got to be impressed with the drag strip #s(which you shyed away from) for a bike that is 300cc less. Yeah, I know 10 weighs 100lbs less but that's not it's fault but the HP #s just jumps at you. I mean a bike that has 300cc's more but dyno's the same in some test as the 10 with longer wheel base. I would be pissed If I owned a 1300cc bike and a 10 dyno's the same. Let's be real, most don't get to go those speeds especially if you live in a big city. I would have to say for real world the 10 is hands down the baddest production bike along with the new K5 for what they do in the real world.
post #6 of 19 Old 08-13-2005, 11:03 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

stock right off the floor the 12r aint faster as for top speed who cares after 180mph.the 10r wont touch the 12r in 6th gear but it will in 1-5. the zx12 tops out at 185mph and the 10r tops out at 186mph.if i had a 12r or a busa id be pissed to.
post #7 of 19 Old 08-15-2005, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Bluedevil- I'm not only impressed, I'm blown away at the drag strip performance of the ZX10R along with all the new 1000's. It's amazing how far we've gone in the last 5 years in the sportbike world! Much respect for the 1000's..... in mortal hands there is little to no difference in drag strip performance from the Busa/ZX12R to the new 1000's.

eric- Off the showroom floor the ZX12R is not only electronically limited to 186mph (which it can surpass with a cheap $80 Bonneville Box that will allow it to pull 190+mph in stock trim)... but it's also geared super tall (196mph on the limiter) which kills acceleration through the gears.

The ZX10R is NOT electronically limited....it's gear limited to 186mph... but few if any ZX10R's can actually hit the limiter in stock trim. (the only one I've heard of was Motorcyclist which admitted to having a good tailwind and nice cold dense air!)

Every other magazine has tested it doing 177-182mph on average.. which is more realistic. Did I mention that the BIG magazines like motorcyclist and sportrider get "factory prepared" bikes? Yeah, massaged bikes that always run faster and stronger than SHOWROOM models.

If you want to compare apples to apples... gear the ZX10R -2 in the rear or the ZX12R +2 .... then you'll have similar gearing to make the comparison. That's why the ZX10R is just as quick (if not a little quicker) through the first few gears stock vs stock.... but once the big bikes have the room to stretch their legs and catch their breath.... the 1000's get reeled in every time in 5th and 6th.

I race the 9/10th's and it's a funny thing.... if an 1000 and ZX12R/Hayabusa cross the finishline at the same time... the Hayabusa/ZX12R will be going around 5mph faster than the 1000. If a ZX10R is running 188mph through the traps, an equally modifed Busa/12 will run 192-193mph and even up at the end ... which shows that in anything OVER a mile.... you're either on a Busa/12 or behind one.

Not trying to bash the 1000's.... but understand this is what these hyperbikes were made to do.... and they do it well.
post #8 of 19 Old 08-16-2005, 11:28 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

ive seen 189 on my 10r in stock form and yes i did hit the limiter but was i going 189 no. i dont know how much speedo is off. you are right about high speed runs there is nothing like a busa or a zx12r. i was thinking of buying a busa and dragrace with it but everyone has one thats why i went with the ten to be a little differant. if i get beat by a zx12 or a busa oh well but if i beat them then you got some more enjoyment of what you did and so far im whooping there ass.
post #9 of 19 Old 08-16-2005, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

I didn't know the speedo read beyond 186mph on the ZX10R....

As for hitting the limiter in 6th gear on a stock 10R, that may be true...but realize that there is significant wheelspin at those speeds, especially with ultra light bikes like the 10R.

Just because you hit the limiter... it doesn't mean you're doing the theoretical speed at that RPM. That's also not to mention that significant tire wear reduces the circum. of the rear tire, hence shortening the gearing making the limiter hit a few mph lower.

That's why God invented the GPS. =)

But it's good to know that you're pushing the bike to the limit.... have fun!
post #10 of 19 Old 08-16-2005, 06:00 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Bluedevil- I'm not only impressed, I'm blown away at the drag strip performance of the ZX10R along with all the new 1000's. It's amazing how far we've gone in the last 5 years in the sportbike world! Much respect for the 1000's..... in mortal hands there is little to no difference in drag strip performance from the Busa/ZX12R to the new 1000's.

eric- Off the showroom floor the ZX12R is not only electronically limited to 186mph (which it can surpass with a cheap $80 Bonneville Box that will allow it to pull 190+mph in stock trim)... but it's also geared super tall (196mph on the limiter) which kills acceleration through the gears.

The ZX10R is NOT electronically limited....it's gear limited to 186mph... but few if any ZX10R's can actually hit the limiter in stock trim. (the only one I've heard of was Motorcyclist which admitted to having a good tailwind and nice cold dense air!)

Every other magazine has tested it doing 177-182mph on average.. which is more realistic. Did I mention that the BIG magazines like motorcyclist and sportrider get "factory prepared" bikes? Yeah, massaged bikes that always run faster and stronger than SHOWROOM models.

If you want to compare apples to apples... gear the ZX10R -2 in the rear or the ZX12R +2 .... then you'll have similar gearing to make the comparison. That's why the ZX10R is just as quick (if not a little quicker) through the first few gears stock vs stock.... but once the big bikes have the room to stretch their legs and catch their breath.... the 1000's get reeled in every time in 5th and 6th.

I race the 9/10th's and it's a funny thing.... if an 1000 and ZX12R/Hayabusa cross the finishline at the same time... the Hayabusa/ZX12R will be going around 5mph faster than the 1000. If a ZX10R is running 188mph through the traps, an equally modifed Busa/12 will run 192-193mph and even up at the end ... which shows that in anything OVER a mile.... you're either on a Busa/12 or behind one.

Not trying to bash the 1000's.... but understand this is what these hyperbikes were made to do.... and they do it well.

your wrong on the gearing of the zx10 it will pull nearly 200 (like the busa) if it could pull to redline. It can't so thats why it ends up where it does..
peakpower on the zx comes at about 12,100 and the limiter is at 12,750 (actual) 13,500 or so indicated.

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in