12VS10VSBusa

Any of you 12 guys race any new 10's, or Busa's? just wondering the outcome

2006 ZX10-R Black and Fast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I own two busa's (1 TurboBusa) 1 just stretched out with nos.,ZX12R stretched with nos,gsxr600 with 1000cc motor and nos stretched out too. I've raced against my club members with only 12miles on my bike. I lost my first two races one agains a stretched busa and one against a stretched ZX12R. I couldn't keep the front end down and just was not use to the clutch yet.
Two days later I got my Schnitz order and put on the rear lowering links, front strap with brake mounts, Dropped a tooth on the front sprocket and went out to play.
It was a great night for the 10r... I redeemed myself agains both guys and raced everyone else that wanted to try me. I won all races! Only one was close, this was against a busa stretched 10" over and has cams and a air shifter. He could have won if he wasn't afraid of his bike. Oh, I'm 6'2, 255lbs. also! I've been street and drag racing since I back when Kawasaki had the GPZ'S and Suzuki's were GS motors....LOl, I'm like big daddy....Old School. I'll be 36 in March..
I love my 10R just because of the weight itself and the power delivery...
Recon's Bikes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00187.JPG
Views:	911
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1032   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00205.JPG
Views:	899
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1033  

Last edited by ForceRecon; 01-12-2005 at 08:02 AM.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Was this street racing? And what was the conditions i.e roll on/from dead stop?
Also were your friends supprised what the 10 can do or have they raced 10's before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

These were all from a dead stop. Yes, Street racing! Temp was about 60 deg. My friends were not real suprised just because of my experience. I've been street racing since the late 80's. They have heard what the 10 can do but have not see it first hand. I had only had the bike for a couple of days at that point. I ordered the parts from Schnitz before I even picked up the bike. I'm still getting parts from UPS about every other day...
I did some roll on's with the same guys and they pulled away from me a couple of bikes until I hit third gear then I reeled them in and passed. We go from 40mph. and roll out from there.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceRecon
These were all from a dead stop. Yes, Street racing! Temp was about 60 deg. My friends were not real suprised just because of my experience. I've been street racing since the late 80's. They have heard what the 10 can do but have not see it first hand. I had only had the bike for a couple of days at that point. I ordered the parts from Schnitz before I even picked up the bike. I'm still getting parts from UPS about every other day...
I did some roll on's with the same guys and they pulled away from me a couple of bikes until I hit third gear then I reeled them in and passed. We go from 40mph. and roll out from there.

Yeah dead start is rider for sure. Launching the 10 requires some good skills like at the drag strip where I am still learning. On roll on's I believe is a better indicator bike to bike with a relatively experienced rider. Sounds like you have a beast there keep it up!
post #6 of 7 Old 04-26-2005, 03:37 AM
The Movie Goer!

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to ZiG 9th
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceRecon

4 bikes??????? wow!!! money iz obviously not an issue 4 u? I dream 2 have 4 up 2 date bikes at one time!!
post #7 of 7 Old 04-29-2005, 09:17 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Hey ForceRecon i'm in Wichita. Who do u ride with? Do u know Patch??
[IMG]URL: http://www.mustangmods.com/data/4824/zx10r.jpg [/IMG]

Last edited by DethsZX10; 04-29-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in