ZX10R of the Month poll - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
View Poll Results: Which rules would we go with? Read the post below before voting!
A member nominates someone else with a min of 50 posts and must get 2nd. 5 45.45%
Owner can nominate themselves and feel even worse when they lose. 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-21-2012, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

ZX10R of the Month poll

Throes a lot of great looking bikes there. There's a lot of other sites(probably all owned by the *same company) that has a bike of the month contest. No real prize but bragging rights.*

http://www.svrider.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...play.php?f=298

Don't know what may be needed specifically to moderate it, but I'm sure many here can agree there are members here that would love to have an official ZX10R of the Month.

Both examples above have it's own rules.*

The 1st one I believe the owner of the bike can not nominate themselves and the owner would need a minimum post count. So a member nominates someone else bike. It's not an official entry until a 2nd member 2nds the nomination.*

Most everyone here have posted pictures of their bikes. Whether in track, driveway or in front of the... Starbucks. It's simple enough of others to pick a bike they like and nominate that bike. As long as the person has a 50 post count and someone else 2nds the nomination, they're in.

The 2nd site, the owner can nominate themselves.*

I'm sure we're all adult enough to agree on which terms we should go by. Personally, I like the whole "someone else nominates and 2nds the nomination." Theres more pride involved knowing you won and even knowing the fact that you even got nominated(if you came in 2nd or 3rd) than if you nominated yourself.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-21-2012, 10:44 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

id like them to bring it back, and i like the idea of others nominating others too

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
post #3 of 14 Old 04-21-2012, 10:56 PM
my own worst enemy

Posting Frequency

We are currently struggling just to keep the picture game going. If you put a botm thread up where we have to nominate anothers bike and get a third person the second the nomination we may never get the first bike of the month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 04-21-2012, 11:00 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

the picture game is a little more invovled then submitting a nomination for a bike u like. Even though my bike is torn down for a valve job and cant go compete in the game i i can still upload a pic of my bike and have a few ppl nominate it

Quote:
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
post #5 of 14 Old 04-21-2012, 11:04 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

i like the idea of bike of the month and i agree that most sites you cant nominate yourself. we all know that will give me another chance to be a pic whore lol
post #6 of 14 Old 04-21-2012, 11:06 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

haha u and me both! i just need somebody with a good camera like u had for urs!

Quote:
post #7 of 14 Old 04-21-2012, 11:13 PM
my own worst enemy

Posting Frequency

so we would have to go through other peoples profiles to see thier albums, and post those pics for someone else to nominate?
Just as an aside, I gave thought to posting my bike in a botm contest on another forum. I decided against it because I didnt want my bike to be in such a high profile situation......just in case.
post #8 of 14 Old 04-21-2012, 11:18 PM
my own worst enemy

Posting Frequency

Sorry, phone locked up before I could finish.
Anyway, if someone was nominated and didnt want to be in the running that would be another issue.
post #9 of 14 Old 04-21-2012, 11:18 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

there could be a section where ppl can upload their bikes for consideration and others can nominate them. that way u dont have to just go through randomly looking for bikes. it wouldnt matter to me if i won, not like mines very subtle lol

Quote:
post #10 of 14 Old 04-21-2012, 11:27 PM
my own worst enemy

Posting Frequency

I say we volunteer Blue to run this, I think he has too much time on his hands these days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in