suggestions???? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 09-23-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Jah
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Jah Send a message via MSN to Jah Send a message via Yahoo to Jah
suggestions????

its 2011 and we all been on the web for a while now.

with that said, i find it a bit musing that this website does not have several readily available stickies.

i been on cars my whole life and there fore i am accustomed to certain assistance when i log on to any site..mainly instead of LOOKING for a thread with your topic in mind or subject...a sticky on the matter would already be up.

for example...stickies on such things like..

1. tires- different compounds and which are best for what, with opinions peppered...

2. air filters...

3.oil and filters

4.swing arms and companies...

5. sprockets...

now if pple think this is just toooooo much to write on and lets us just wait for a thread to pop up like the supreme court sits and waits on cases...

then why arent very informative threads not sitickied either?

i say this because, unlike other forums, i noticed in THIS forum, when a thread is about posting PICS and someone has a question, everyone wants to say SEARCH, but the SEARCH sometimes is sooooooooooo fickle with the words and pulls up a laundry list of pages that it actually turns pple off to the matter...

so why dont we have more informative stickys...

ive never been on a site like this.

android websites do it.

car websites do it.

school websites do it..

but not this site.

im not griping. i just would like to have basic information readily available. its what forums are for. then if there are questions after reading the pertinent info..then ask a question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 09-23-2011, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Jah
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Jah Send a message via MSN to Jah Send a message via Yahoo to Jah
here is another rear set question

why dont we just have a rear set thr5ead that informs pple as to what they are for, how they help, the different companies.

there will still be a rear set thread after, just not a redundant one, and it will be more legitimate when pple say "search" noob...

well, with all the rear set threads, not all of them have unbiased info on the matter. just more opinion than anything else..

same as with the sprocket thread going around now...more opinions...

why dont we have a sprocket thread that EXPLAINS what -1/+2 means and its pros/cons?
post #3 of 21 Old 09-23-2011, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Jah
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

i do not know how to choose a sprocket set up.

and i do not want to hear ppls opinions on the best set up.

i just want to know how they work and which are quality and which arent so i can make an informed decision.

its difficult to do that when there isnt one thread with just the facts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 09-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah View Post
its 2011 and we all been on the web for a while now.

with that said, i find it a bit musing that this website does not have several readily available stickies.

i been on cars my whole life and there fore i am accustomed to certain assistance when i log on to any site..mainly instead of LOOKING for a thread with your topic in mind or subject...a sticky on the matter would already be up.

for example...stickies on such things like..

1. tires- different compounds and which are best for what, with opinions peppered...

2. air filters...

3.oil and filters

4.swing arms and companies...

5. sprockets...

now if pple think this is just toooooo much to write on and lets us just wait for a thread to pop up like the supreme court sits and waits on cases...

then why arent very informative threads not sitickied either?

i say this because, unlike other forums, i noticed in THIS forum, when a thread is about posting PICS and someone has a question, everyone wants to say SEARCH, but the SEARCH sometimes is sooooooooooo fickle with the words and pulls up a laundry list of pages that it actually turns pple off to the matter...

so why dont we have more informative stickys...

ive never been on a site like this.

android websites do it.

car websites do it.

school websites do it..

but not this site.

im not griping. i just would like to have basic information readily available. its what forums are for. then if there are questions after reading the pertinent info..then ask a question.
First of all since you posted in the WRONG Section it's kind of hard to take you serious that you actually know the site and the forums available...will be moving to the Comments and Suggestion Forum.

Now back to your questions before I move later IMO this is not like other sites I agree but I have been here a long time and this site always gets a lot of praise by new members how informative it is they have almost everything they want to know about their ZX10R (NOT BIKES IN GENERAL). We have a How to Section as well that can take care of your basic and some advance modifications for your ZX10R. We have a Performance and Tech Section and A General ZX10R Forum. The Admin has added a way when members post to Include what Generation of ZX10R you have so searches are easier now for your year bike.

As far as sticky's they are mostly reserved as for Rules and Guildelines but we do have a few around for things like Oil, General help what the bike is about,selling/buying tips etc......but to have a bunch of Sticky's for what your talking about IMO would not be feasible this site is not built that way because members should not have to see a bunch of Sticky's the way our forum is built before they get to actually see the latest post in that section....In fact I am against to many Sticky's and have over the years requested other Moderators to review the Sticky's and lets get Rid of any that are not needed anymore or have no value/old no replies anymore etc. (maybe requesting this soon )

I will agree though the search at times is not the best depending on what your looking for and when I figure it out how to do the best searches I will make a Sticky about it.

bloo
post #5 of 21 Old 09-23-2011, 08:30 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

the dude is a joke
post #6 of 21 Old 09-23-2011, 08:31 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
First of all since you posted in the WRONG Section it's kind of hard to take you serious that you actually know the site and the forums available...will be moving to the Comments and Suggestion Forum.

Now back to your questions before I move later IMO this is not like other sites I agree but I have been here a long time and this site always gets a lot of praise by new members how informative it is they have almost everything they want to know about their ZX10R (NOT BIKES IN GENERAL). We have a How to Section as well that can take care of your basic and some advance modifications for your ZX10R. We have a Performance and Tech Section and A General ZX10R Forum. The Admin has added a way when members post to Include what Generation of ZX10R you have so searches are easier now for your year bike.

As far as sticky's they are mostly reserved as for Rules and Guildelines but we do have a few around for things like Oil, General help what the bike is about,selling/buying tips etc......but to have a bunch of Sticky's for what your talking about IMO would not be feasible this site is not built that way because members should not have to see a bunch of Sticky's the way our forum is built before they get to actually see the latest post in that section....In fact I am against to many Sticky's and have over the years requested other Moderators to review the Sticky's and lets get Rid of any that are not needed anymore or have no value/old no replies anymore etc. (maybe requesting this soon )

I will agree though the search at times is not the best depending on what your looking for and when I figure it out how to do the best searches I will make a Sticky about it.

bloo
What he said, bahaha...seriously though, this forum would be a cluster F*ck if we had sticky sections for absolutely everything...When i first came onto this site 9 months ago, it took me under its wings and taught me everything there is to know about these incredible machines... If you look at alot of other motorcycle forums they all have similar structure and frame. Im also a big gear head, on many car forums so i see what your saying from that aspect, but this is a very highly respected site, just take some time and work around. ...

i can sit on this forum and read for hours if time permitted me too haha.

have a good one.
post #7 of 21 Old 09-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboytt View Post
the dude is a joke
...I see another new member is off to one hell of a roaring start!!!!! and that's the best way i've EVER seen to NOT get help.........ever!..just my anyway. to me the MEMBERS make this forum!!!!

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #8 of 21 Old 09-23-2011, 09:00 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMY10ER View Post
...I see another new member is off to one hell of a roaring start!!!!! and that's the best way i've EVER seen to NOT get help.........ever!..just my anyway. to me the MEMBERS make this forum!!!!
Stated like a true BOSS!!! haha but
post #9 of 21 Old 09-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
^^^^ I like that guy for some reason?!!!! and i'm NOT trying to be a dick to Jah BUT when i first came on her i learned by READING and ASKING around for the information i was after. i didn't start threads bitching about the very forum i was trying to learn from and start to be a part of. that's all i'm saying.

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #10 of 21 Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

yo I want to stretch my bike and put a 300 tire on it..................... but I don't want this skinny swing arm, I need more bling....................... can anybody help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in