Resolved: Suggestion {no 1 seems to read the suggestion section} - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-05-2013, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Lightbulb Resolved: Suggestion {no 1 seems to read the suggestion section}

I would like to suggest a forum section be created for review and article scans from magazines. It could easily be split into 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th gen & technical articles.
I have personally tried to collect multiple reviews of 1st & 4th gen in mags.
anyone for this ?
Sorry to post in wrong section but got no replies in correct section.
Ergo

"Time Is A Creeping Thief"
Race intake cam:.050Head Gasket:Arata full Ti System:PC3 & custom map:Ivans TRE:Ohlins 46PRXLS & SBK piston kit,Kais Tuned:BST Carbon rims:ISR radial m/c & clutch:PP Tuning Rearsets:CBR Calipers:Underslung Brembo:Hel Brake Lines: Braketech Full Floating S/S Rotors:Champs adjusters & Sliders:Powerbronze carbon front fender-Hugger-Chainguard:Sprintpro Steering Damper:Cordona Quickshifter:Zero Gravity D.B: K&N Filter:Beowulf Rad Cover:R&G Tail Tidy:&xtras: 174 HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Right off the bat, there are copyright issues to think about.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #3 of 8 Old 08-05-2013, 12:33 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

POW POW Go Faster with the knockout!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-05-2013, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Yes I understand the copyright issue, however I & others have posted up scans in the past with no issues.
Also are they really bothered about articles written 8 - 9 years ago, re Gen1 stuff ?
Not trying to ruffle feathers, just thought it would make an interesting new section.
From what I have read; a lot of the U.K stuff is either very expensive for you guys or unseen ?

{Ignoring the guy who's name rhymes with PRAT, he doesn't look old enough to drive }

"Time Is A Creeping Thief"
Race intake cam:.050Head Gasket:Arata full Ti System:PC3 & custom map:Ivans TRE:Ohlins 46PRXLS & SBK piston kit,Kais Tuned:BST Carbon rims:ISR radial m/c & clutch:PP Tuning Rearsets:CBR Calipers:Underslung Brembo:Hel Brake Lines: Braketech Full Floating S/S Rotors:Champs adjusters & Sliders:Powerbronze carbon front fender-Hugger-Chainguard:Sprintpro Steering Damper:Cordona Quickshifter:Zero Gravity D.B: K&N Filter:Beowulf Rad Cover:R&G Tail Tidy:&xtras: 174 HP

Last edited by Ergotomine; 08-05-2013 at 03:24 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Not saying it can't be done, not saying there aren't ways around the copyright. But my opinion is that this sort of thing is best done low-key. If an article gets scanned and magically appears somewhere on the forum, it's quite possible or even likely that no one with a responsibility of enforcing the copyright would ever see it.

But to have a separate forum section dedicated towards doing something that is potentially in a grey area of copyright law ... puts the website and those responsible for its content (includes myself, as a moderator) into a difficult position.

I do NOT want to be the person who has to look through that forum section and verify that every article has the appropriate permissions granted to copy it!

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #6 of 8 Old 08-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
Right off the bat, there are copyright issues to think about.
GoFaster is right. No way that's going to happen but there are plenty of sites with Open Articles from Mags for both Gen's that's not a problem but to create a specific forum not going to happen it has to be only links to articles like this:

http://www.superstreetbike.com/featu...r/viewall.html

BTW moved to the right section.

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergotomine View Post
Yes I understand the copyright issue, however I & others have posted up scans in the past with no issues.
Also are they really bothered about articles written 8 - 9 years ago, re Gen1 stuff ?
Not trying to ruffle feathers, just thought it would make an interesting new section.
Post up an article by Ulrich from roadracingworld.com and see what happens

I think our Mods answered this thread perfectly. Gonna go ahead and close this thread.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
post #8 of 8 Old 08-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR50 View Post
Post up an article by Ulrich from roadracingworld.com and see what happens

I think our Mods answered this thread perfectly. Gonna go ahead and close this thread.
Funny Guy : :headshake

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in