Resolved: Bike sold...close thread? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 04-22-2012, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
Smile Resolved: Bike sold...close thread?

So as I was browsing zx-10r.net earlier today, I did a search in the Bikes For Sale section. I got a lot of results and I sifted through a dozen or so current threads. I started noticing as I was reading that a lot of these bikes had been sold, but the thread was still open (why I clicked on it in the first place)

So, to help me, and anyone else looking through the bikes for sale (or any FS section for that matter) I thought I would suggest closing the threads once the OP states it is SOLD. I just figured it would benefit everyone I reported some posts today that I suggested be closed because OP stated bike was sold. Apparently that was a BFD to the mods because I was told today they are ALL emailed every time someone reports a post.....

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
So as I was browsing zx-10r.net earlier today, I did a search in the Bikes For Sale section. I got a lot of results and I sifted through a dozen or so current threads. I started noticing as I was reading that a lot of these bikes had been sold, but the thread was still open (why I clicked on it in the first place)

So, to help me, and anyone else looking through the bikes for sale (or any FS section for that matter) I thought I would suggest closing the threads once the OP states it is SOLD. I just figured it would benefit everyone I reported some posts today that I suggested be closed because OP stated bike was sold. Apparently that was a BFD to the mods because I was told today they are ALL emailed every time someone reports a post.....
A "close thread" option for the OP of a for sale ad would be nice.
post #3 of 17 Old 04-22-2012, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo92 View Post
Good suggestion

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 04-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Good suggestion
Thanks Dude for posting here, I sent Dudewhrsmybike my concern In PMs reporting posts for everything that is not closed in the Classified section(mainly because the influx of reports was not necessary :headshake) because basically it's not maintained to the level of monitoring who sold what and when did it sell not going to happen at this time.:headshake

I at times when I see someone sold something will close the thread but most likely it has already been asked by the OP in the firs place.

Sorry Dude I know from your PM you said you been on Moderator just as active as this site but maybe you had more Moderators Active to police this stuff ...here on the .NET we take action when needed as you found out today.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #5 of 17 Old 04-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Only YSR Admin can answer this but that would take the way the site works right now at least Admin rights to edit a Thread....but YSR has been known to come up with many ideas so we shall see said the blind man.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #6 of 17 Old 04-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Only YSR Admin can answer this but that would take the way the site works right now at least Admin rights to edit a Thread....but YSR has been known to come up with many ideas so we shall see said the blind man.

bloo
Bloo,

Thanks. I am far from knowing jack crap about how these boards work, so no idea if it is the same type system or not. I am on quite a few different sites and only one allows this that I am aware of.

It is only on the drop down menu for Thread Tools under the classified section and only the OP has access to this selection (mods still do of course). But when your item sells, you select the close thread option and the thread is locked. If you are interested, I can PM you the details in case you want to check the site out. It makes for a clean classified section as once locked, they move down the thread chain and can't be re-opened.

This is a great site, I'm not complaining about it, just offering this up as a possible option.

Thanks again.
Staton
post #7 of 17 Old 04-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
For now I've added this ability to the Bikes 4 Sale section only.

Like tojo92 mentioned the option is located on the drop down menu for Thread Tools.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
post #8 of 17 Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 AM
PJD
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Top Notch
Might also be handy for the Parts, Gear and Accessories section too. There is nothing like finding the helmet you have been looking for only to see it was up for sale 4 years ago ;)

My Icon vest prevents me from dragging knee

"Do not base your existence on this earth by how much REP you have!"

My Previous Rides

1988 Yamaha DT 50 - First street legal bike
1998 Kawi ZX6R - Track
2004 GSXR 750 - RIP she was not an ambi turner.
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
2006 GSXR 750 - Sold
2005 (current) Kawi ZX10R (Green) - Now turning into a street fighter
2005 (Current) Kawi ZX10R (Red)
post #9 of 17 Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR50 View Post
For now I've added this ability to the Bikes 4 Sale section only.

Like tojo92 mentioned the option is located on the drop down menu for Thread Tools.
Outstanding!
post #10 of 17 Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Ok, went ahead and implemented the change to Bikes 4 Sale, Parts, Gear and Accessories, Wanted: Buy or Trade and Garage Sale

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in