Resolved: *Like* - *Thank You* Button - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 12Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 Old 04-24-2012, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Resolved: *Like* - *Thank You* Button

On a few other forums (non-bike related) that use the same layout/engine I presume, each post has a 'like' button, similar to Facebook.

Makes it quicker and simple to show your love/agreement/appreciation of a post without having to type something. Its good for if you don't have anything constructive to add and prevents threads being 10 pages long just for a load of 'nice bike' posts etc.

What do we think?

2004 ZX10R Black:'09 ZX6R Nissin Callipers, '10 ZX6R MC, HEL Braided Lines, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, '06 ZX10R Rear Calliper, R&G Crash Bungs (Forks, Rear Bobbins, Bar Ends, Frame Sliders), R&G Tail Tidy, K&N Air Filter, Cut-down Akrapovic Slip On, Acumen Digital Gear Indicator, Double Bubble Screen, Autocom Intercom

Oh, and: 30 Snakes, 15 Lizards, 2 Tarantulas, 5 Leaf Insects, a Guinea Pig, a Rabbit, about 20 mice and 2 Sphinx Cats! :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 Old 04-24-2012, 07:05 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
:headshake This ain't Facebook!

If there was a "dislike" button, I'd press it for this thread.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 84 Old 04-24-2012, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post

2004 ZX10R Black:'09 ZX6R Nissin Callipers, '10 ZX6R MC, HEL Braided Lines, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, '06 ZX10R Rear Calliper, R&G Crash Bungs (Forks, Rear Bobbins, Bar Ends, Frame Sliders), R&G Tail Tidy, K&N Air Filter, Cut-down Akrapovic Slip On, Acumen Digital Gear Indicator, Double Bubble Screen, Autocom Intercom

Oh, and: 30 Snakes, 15 Lizards, 2 Tarantulas, 5 Leaf Insects, a Guinea Pig, a Rabbit, about 20 mice and 2 Sphinx Cats! :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 84 Old 04-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
There's always the rep option

Quote:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
post #5 of 84 Old 04-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:

post #6 of 84 Old 04-24-2012, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Haha, ok, obviously not a popular suggestion 'over here' then

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR50 View Post
There's always the rep option
Rep is for when someone has posted something significant though. A 'like button' just lets the poster know that someone appreciated his/her post without the need to actually say anything or post a generic repeat of the other 20 posts in that thread.

Ah well, I think it works well and is a good idea

post #7 of 84 Old 04-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownan View Post
Haha, ok, obviously not a popular suggestion 'over here' then

Rep is for when someone has posted something significant though. A 'like button' just lets the poster know that someone appreciated his/her post without the need to actually say anything or post a generic repeat of the other 20 posts in that thread.

Ah well, I think it works well and is a good idea
Hey man in your defense I like the "like" button as well. I think its a good idea.
post #8 of 84 Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
The biggest problem with this idea will be from all the useless threads being created from people asking "how do I use the Like button?". I mean, you see these all the time on "how to Rep someone" or "why can't I post my parts for sale". Throw a Like button into the mix and people's heads will spin around. And if you're going to add a Like button, I'd need a Dislike button and an Indifferent button to go with it. You can't just throw one out there and not the other two.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #9 of 84 Old 04-24-2012, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
The biggest problem with this idea will be from all the useless threads being created from people asking "how do I use the Like button?". I mean, you see these all the time on "how to Rep someone" or "why can't I post my parts for sale". Throw a Like button into the mix and people's heads will spin around. And if you're going to add a Like button, I'd need a Dislike button and an Indifferent button to go with it. You can't just throw one out there and not the other two.

Course ya can! Its the age old saying - "If ya aint got anything nice to say, dont say it"

Or if you really dislike it, post a reply and state why

It's not hard to use a button. You just click it. The whole rep thing is real complicated!

post #10 of 84 Old 04-24-2012, 11:44 AM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
How bout instead of "like" it is a thumb up, thumb down, and sideways thumb out. And you could see who chose what.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in