Question about some threads - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 10-19-2008, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?

Posting Frequency

Question about some threads

I have seen a lot of threads with massive replies.
But why do the mods need cut them down?

For example,
The "ChatRoom Thread" was deleted, only restarted by a member.
The "Word Association" thread currently has 120 replies, i know for a fact that the replies are actually more than at least 1000.

ANy reason ?
Im just curious.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 10-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky10R View Post
I have seen a lot of threads with massive replies.
But why do the mods need cut them down?

For example,
The "ChatRoom Thread" was deleted, only restarted by a member.
The "Word Association" thread currently has 120 replies, i know for a fact that the replies are actually more than at least 1000.

ANy reason ?
Im just curious.
Lucky,

Those type of threads are considered "Chat Room" threads where maybe someone like BD can get 30k posts down to a New member that just wants 25 posts to start selling on this site.

The decision is made on a thread by thread basis which ones should be cut down. The old members before that decision was made got off by keeping their Post count the same....all the rest that post in these type of threads risk getting their post count trimmed over time.

I hope that explains it a little.

bloo
post #3 of 28 Old 10-20-2008, 12:06 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I've noticed this as well, but never cared, post count really doesn't matter a whole lot. I know over at automotiveforums they mentioned that it took up harddrive space on the server or something, as well as affected bandwidth, the site was slow at times and Igor(like Rich) worked on it a fair amount. That was about one of the only other forums I can think of that would match 10r.net, but that died down somehow it seems.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Member of The Elite - Growler Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 10-20-2008, 12:11 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R_Sinner View Post
I've noticed this as well, but never cared, post count really doesn't matter a whole lot. I know over at automotiveforums they mentioned that it took up harddrive space on the server or something, as well as affected bandwidth, the site was slow at times and Igor(like Rich) worked on it a fair amount. That was about one of the only other forums I can think of that would match 10r.net, but that died down somehow it seems.

I forgot to mention that as well, a Chat Room type thread takes up alot of Bandwidth and is not good for a site. That was also a problem on this site in the past as well. Thanks Sinner for the reminder.

bloo
post #5 of 28 Old 10-20-2008, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?

Posting Frequency

thanks bloo

i knew it was BD's fault

post #6 of 28 Old 10-20-2008, 12:14 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
thanks bloo

i knew it was BD's fault
post #7 of 28 Old 10-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Maybe to many :s or Mods maybe
post #8 of 28 Old 10-20-2008, 12:22 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Maybe to many :s or Mods maybe
I don't really know as I pretty much stopped going, although I did just check it out and still recognize alot of the names, but yeah there were quite a few mods, but there were well over a million registered members there, and quite a few of them posted quite regularly, but if you check out the COT forum right now it's pretty dated at the bottom of the page. So I can't really answer why it slowed down, maybe it hasn't really, just leveled off. There were quite a few "postwhores" too though, it was a great site, much like this one.

Quote:
thanks bloo

i knew it was BD's fault
Hahaha, maybe his wheelchair is what slows the site down.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

post #9 of 28 Old 10-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I don't really know as I pretty much stopped going, although I did just check it out and still recognize alot of the names, but yeah there were quite a few mods, but there were well over a million registered members there, and quite a few of them posted quite regularly, but if you check out the COT forum right now it's pretty dated at the bottom of the page. So I can't really answer why it slowed down, maybe it hasn't really, just leveled off. There were quite a few "postwhores" too though, it was a great site, much like this one.
We have only about 18k members, you have a link a Cool Million sounds like way to much and if that's true you would need more Mods....never :s though no matter how many members.
post #10 of 28 Old 10-20-2008, 12:59 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
We have only about 18k members, you have a link a Cool Million sounds like way to much and if that's true you would need more Mods....never :s though no matter how many members.
Nahhh I remember what it was now, something like the One millionth thread, maybe that's what it was, I can't remember. I can't find how many members there are actually but it does mention having over 500k, so I was half right!!

www.automotiveforums.com

The last time I logged in there was June 8th...damn. I'm here every day, and check in on dieselplace once a week maybe. This forum's damn addictive!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in