Closed: Death of this site, and dead sections - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 Old 08-18-2013, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to NinjSeba Send a message via Yahoo to NinjSeba
Closed: Death of this site, and dead sections

Correct me if I am not see it, but this has been a dead section for years now.. no contests announced on the board, nobody trying to find or enter any bike related contests.. Did the person who used to keep this section alive, die?, quit riding?, I mean what's the deal here?. It looks as though either the site needs a shitload of cleaning up and revamping to stay and be current or we something.. what is killing this place? you know, I see what appears to attempts to branch out to other areas of the Kawasaki world.. A smart saying is and has been for decades, " Stick to what you know and what you are great at, don't thin yourself out and after looking around it appears exactly what was attempted here and failed. This is a zx-10r site and it was great, then the branching attempts seem to happen and it stabbed itself in the foot..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 08-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
All you need to do is read

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107554

If this section bothers you, don't read it. This Winner Gallery never got much in the way of traffic. If members didn't want to post up what they received there wasn't anything the site could do about that, now is there

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss

Last edited by YSR50; 08-18-2013 at 11:46 AM.
post #3 of 47 Old 08-18-2013, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR50 View Post
All you need to do is read

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107554

If this section bothers you, don't read it. This Winner Gallery never got much in the way of traffic. If members didn't want to post up what they received there wasn't anything the site could do about that, now is there

Sure there is, encourage participation, seek out new contests that members may not know even are out there, I mean encouragement and keeping content current is what its all about.. its like a magazine that sends out the same content each and every month, it gets old to those that are regulars, its only new to new members and becomes old in a few weeks..Its not just this section its many of them that are this way.. I understand the idea was to open up to other bikes and things thinking you would breath new life into the site, it failed. Stick to what you know and be the best you can be at it..I'm just saying.. why not as the site owner be the one to start that, get a search going and see what you can find..its always good in the world of web hosting to always have backup men in training.. so when someone goes MIA its not a matter of years before its automatically taken over by someone else..with the 17 or so regular members you have now you could really bring life back to this forum.. I know when BD left everyone said the site was gonna die but doing little to see that it lived on would have gone a long way to see that it stayed alive and healthy.. I chose this section of "out if the mainstream threads to say this in because I knew that only those that really were going to contribute would bother reading or responding in here.. I miss the days when this site was alive and healthy.. it can be once again..

Last edited by NinjSeba; 08-18-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 Old 08-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Not sure what you're talking about when you say "attempts to branch out to other areas of the Kawasaki world.. " and "open up to other bikes". If you are referring to the ZX Network most of those sections have been around longer than you have been a registered member.

Also, not sure if I'm understanding your post correctly but I am not the owner of the site. Rich the original owner (2nd actually) sold the site to VerticalScope back in June of 2009.

It's always the same, every summer when more member are able to actually ride things slow down around here. Members come and go, that's just the way it is. As for the active members… The number of online/active members is pretty consistent and hasn't changed much. The ZX-10R also hasn't changed in quite a few years, which means there's not much that's new.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
post #5 of 47 Old 08-18-2013, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR50 View Post
Not sure what you're talking about when you say "attempts to branch out to other areas of the Kawasaki world.. " and "open up to other bikes". If you are referring to the ZX Network most of those sections have been around longer than you have been a registered member.

Also, not sure if I'm understanding your post correctly but I am not the owner of the site. Rich the original owner (2nd actually) sold the site to VerticalScope back in June of 2009.

It's always the same, every summer when more member are able to actually ride things slow down around here. Members come and go, that's just the way it is. As for the active members… The number of online/active members is pretty consistent and hasn't changed much. The ZX-10R also hasn't changed in quite a few years, which means there's not much that's new.
I totally forgot about the normal summer drop, shit.. but online, and active are totally two different beasts in reality..those that contribute nothing to the threads really are just numbers with not input, they don't carry the convos and often don't contribute jack. That's not being an active member.. those empty loggers that just read what the actual 30 "active " members input don't really do anything to keep the beast alive..Often they don't want to participate till they break a bike or want a new one or sell an old one..thats pretty much it. but I still think we as a group, could be doing a lot more to keep this baby going and more interesting..More relivant. I mean whats better people making suggestions? or people creating things worth joining in on?
post #6 of 47 Old 08-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Hey YSR I want NinjSeba to be a Moderator we could use some new ideas around here so I agree.

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #7 of 47 Old 08-18-2013, 06:21 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjSeba View Post
I totally forgot about the normal summer drop, shit.. but online, and active are totally two different beasts in reality..those that contribute nothing to the threads really are just numbers with not input, they don't carry the convos and often don't contribute jack. That's not being an active member.. those empty loggers that just read what the actual 30 "active " members input don't really do anything to keep the beast alive..Often they don't want to participate till they break a bike or want a new one or sell an old one..thats pretty much it. but I still think we as a group, could be doing a lot more to keep this baby going and more interesting..More relivant. I mean whats better people making suggestions? or people creating things worth joining in on?
I must say that I opened this post out of curiosity of what may have been won, not to contribute. However, given the contents of the post, I just might add my $.02, for what it's worth, which isn't much

I think the forum is setup pretty well. There are very few restrictions and guidelines, and the guidelines that need to be followed are stickied top of entry page.

I'm the kind of person that buys and sells my toys on an ongoing basis. Before I had a 10r, I never used this site. When I had my G4, I was quite active on this site. After I sold my G4, I was bikeless for awhile and rarely visited this site as I couldn't really relate to it anymore. Now that I have a G2, I'm back on multiple times a day because I can relate better with other members

I bought my wife a Dodge Magnum RT and joined a Magnum forum. After selling the Magnum, I rarely visit the site anymore.

Some members, like myself, use sites like these when we can relate to the other members, or when we have a question, or need advice.

It's MHO that if a person joins to ask a few questions, finds a solution, contributes the results, and then 'vanishes,' he/she has that right. But it's very much appreciated when members like BigCat, -OP-, Magma, and many others are consistently available to help out other members, such as myself, and are also consistently contributing to a majority of the posts on this site.

Strictly for the GEN2's Sporting the undertail with pride!
post #8 of 47 Old 08-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg123 View Post
I must say that I opened this post out of curiosity of what may have been won, not to contribute. However, given the contents of the post, I just might add my $.02, for what it's worth, which isn't much

I think the forum is setup pretty well. There are very few restrictions and guidelines, and the guidelines that need to be followed are stickied top of entry page.

I'm the kind of person that buys and sells my toys on an ongoing basis. Before I had a 10r, I never used this site. When I had my G4, I was quite active on this site. After I sold my G4, I was bikeless for awhile and rarely visited this site as I couldn't really relate to it anymore. Now that I have a G2, I'm back on multiple times a day because I can relate better with other members

I bought my wife a Dodge Magnum RT and joined a Magnum forum. After selling the Magnum, I rarely visit the site anymore.

Some members, like myself, use sites like these when we can relate to the other members, or when we have a question, or need advice.

It's MHO that if a person joins to ask a few questions, finds a solution, contributes the results, and then 'vanishes,' he/she has that right. But it's very much appreciated when members like BigCat, -OP-, Magma, and many others are consistently available to help out other members, such as myself, and are also consistently contributing to a majority of the posts on this site.
This is a good post it's because what actually happens...some Active some not really active but there is a support on this site to help.....I still like the OP though for his ideas some of the same members are not changing anything everone knows this is the Best Forum....his Ideas support to help the forum to become better in a good way too. ...not the same old Active members helping in threads including myself...always open for change.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #9 of 47 Old 08-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
And what would those ideas be? Other than writing the site off we're there any productive ideas? I do however agree that we could use additional mods around here.

This site has always been the result of our members. The site comments section (where this is being moved to) is where we came up with most of our ideas

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

--Dr. Seuss
post #10 of 47 Old 08-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Zr1
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Its the internet dude, don't take it so seriously.

CMRA #713
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in