Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

tail section for a 2004 zx-10r

567 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  soxxerms 
#1 ·
sponsers and gentlemen on the site. my question is that the entire tail section is there options?
i will post pics later, but that section of the tail between the sit and the light my tabs by the bolt have broke off, tried several options to fix or mold but no luck. was told of fiberglass the whole section and make one piece but not sure if that will work.

my question is ? do they make a on piece section with back seat able to fit and the tail light to fit? or am i going to end up buying a tail section with out those options?

i need something b/c the left and right piece of the tail section that have the zx-10r sticker on it are also broke. ( not knowing why they are breaking either )

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

guys i need help or options

#3 ·
OPP racing has several different options in carbon, kevlar, silver carbon, and glass, they have some great quality stuff but it is pricey. The stock setup has some real issues with being brittle, all my tabs are broke, most likey because everybody removes the fender and on the 04-05 it was a intregal part of the support for the tail section.

#7 ·
does anyone have pictures on how to undo the tail section from the key lock on a 2004 model? and pictures about how the tail light is suppose to be bolted in to the sub frame????
i need help on these, im just finding out i think my tail has been wrecked before i bought it b/c now its in a million pieces b/c of no rubber grometes and the light is just hanging there not bolted up so anyone that can help i would love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.