The new RL quickshifter is a no frills stand alone QS system made by HM. If you dont want all the additional fluff, this is where you want to go.
I have tested these units pre-production, and they work VERY well. Simple hookup, and very simple setup. You have high/medium/low cutout settings (normal recommended settings will be medium cutout). Once you do that, you ride!
one of the best things is price. $279 SHIPPED in the lower 48!!
you can order them here:
Features of the HM RL Quickshifter:
1) HM RL Quickshifters are Strain Gauge activated; the same technology used in MotoGP. Nothing is better; period!
2) No moving parts means the RL Quickshifters are virtually indestructible and carry a Lifetime Warranty against product malfunction or defect. (Crashing and breaking the product does not count.)
3) HM RL Quickshifters are the kindest and gentlest way to treat your gearbox. The RL uses the ignition side of the motorcycle to kill, which is far kinder then most other designs that come from the fuel side.
4) HM RL Quickshifters are STAND ALONE systems, integrated to the ignition side of the motorcycle as a quickshifter should be. No need for complex interfaces with other fuel side ECU's, no software glitches, no need for constant adjustments and no chance of failed interference to any other operational aspect of the motorcycle.
5) HM RL Quickshifters kill from the ignition side of the engine, so there is no chance of "extended" fuel burning, secondary injectors (which most modern sportbikes have) that are not shut off, or any other problems that might be associated with fuel side controls. Spark is dead, gearbox unloads and the RL initiates an ultra smooth, gentle and unquestionably fastest gear change you can get.
6) Every HM RL Quickshifter works in EITHER the "up" or "down" shift pattern. No need to buy "one or the other" for your shift pattern, and you never have the wrong setup.
7) Every HM RL is 3-way adjustable for lever sensitivity, so you can adjust for the specifics of your machine, gearbox and riding style. Nothing is kinder to your gearbox...
8) The HM RL is transportable, meaning it can be used on many different machines with the correct wiring loom and shift rod length. The RL is not tied to any ECU "box", so you can reuse your investment over and over! Multiple bikes, changing bikes during the season or buying a new one means you can most likely bring your Annitori RL Quickshifter with you for very little added expense.
9) HM RL wiring looms are "plug in and go". No need to splice or cut in any way, no complications with other ECU's. Straight bolt on application, and clean removal if the time or need ever comes.