MRI - *NEW* Hotbodies Racing Undertails! (pics) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-27-2005, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

MRI - *NEW* Hotbodies Racing Undertails! (pics)

Just wanted to let you all know that Riders Inc. is now selling Hotbodies products and there undertails for the 2004/5 models are available through us. The Undertails for the ZX10R are available in Black, Green, Blue, Orange, and the paint colors are factory matched.

Here are some pics:

More information & pricing is available on our website here:

http://ridersinc.com/store/customer/...at=1004&page=1

cheers... brian - mri

** these are also available for the ZX-6R and ZX-6RR 03-04 Models, ZX-7R, ZX9R, and the ZX-12R, pics available on the site **
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-27-2005, 06:07 PM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Brian- I've seen literally dozens of posts with concern and/or complaints about Hotbodies quality. Have you seen these in person? I like the look from the pics, but I'd hate to recieve something I'm disappointed in.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-27-2005, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Well the quality isn't a problem with Hotbodies. The problem is that a lot of these types of products (undertails/FE kits/etc) from all different companies have minor fitment issues that vary from bike to bike and need to be addressed during installation. In the catalog descriptions Hotbodies actually puts a note saying "some models may require cutting." A lot of people prefer bolt-on-and-go products but with products like this it's hard to achieve that right out of the box.

So as far as Hotbodies goes, from the undertails I have seen up close at bike nights and group rides, the quality is great. Like a lot of sportbike products, there may be some modding to get a perfect fit, but once you've got it on it looks awesome...

cheers... brian - mri

If you'd like to find out WHICH models require cutting and how good the out-of-box fitment is on the ZX-10R I can contact them and see what they say...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Talking

I got the Race body work and will confirm all Brian said. Im workin on a How To, but it wont be done till I get it painted. So at least another week or 2.

Buying the tail already painted I would say would be a good idea cause Im havin to do altta sanding and priming. Over all I'm satisfied with the product.

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

post #5 of 10 Old 01-27-2005, 07:21 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I bought that same design undertail when it came out for the 03 Gix 1000. It is almost the same setup with very similar design turns, etc. Speaking just based on my experience the product was terrible. Many of us at that time had the same issues, poor fitment, color not matching, etc.. The white was really off on the Gix 1k. I delt with a vendor that handled Hotbodies and I personally think the guy felt sorry for me and refunded my money 100% after it was installed. Hotbodies did not want to acknowlege the problem, but thankfully the vendor that sold me the item did. I ended up with another undertail for the Gix and was 100% pleased with the quality and color match.

I did hear that they were working on fixing the problem with that undertail for the Gix, but am not sure if it was every corrected. I will not be a repeat customer of Hotbodies, but that is only my experience. I know many have had great experiences with them.

Green ZX10, Scotts Dampener, Muzzy Ti, Power Commander, braided lines.
post #6 of 10 Old 01-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Talking

I could be crazy, but from the looks of it, you will have to drill holes in your stock tail to add the undertail. You would also probably need to drill holes in the undertail as well.

Like I said, I am not sure but just from looking at the pics.

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

post #7 of 10 Old 01-28-2005, 12:08 PM

Posting Frequency

Be cautious with the orange undertail. The color match on 2 different undertails from Hotbodies was horrible. The 2nd was just like the 1st. Unless Hotbodies got a new color code for 2005, I'd be cautious on the orange. I've heard the other colors match pretty good.

The match did not look anything like the pictures in this post.
post #8 of 10 Old 01-28-2005, 01:02 PM

Posting Frequency

I was told one thing about HotBodies....Orange Peel paint work.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-28-2005, 09:13 PM

Posting Frequency

I have a Hotbodies undertail on my SV650. Quality seems to be fine, but there was a little fitting work involved.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-29-2005, 02:02 AM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
the reviews arent too great for them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in