Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Group buy on race plastics

1K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Alex31 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone of the site sponsors would like to set up a group buy for some race plastics. 700 is a little to steep for me right now and riding season is nearly approaching. Im pretty sure the manufacturers could lower the price down say 20-30 percent if a significant amount of people purchase a full set.

Id be willing to make calls to different manufacturers if none of the sponsors want to take this on, but would like to know if there is any interest on this.

#11 ·
you dont want hotbodies. my friend has a rc 51 race tail "ready to paint", ready to paint if your blind. there are so many imperfections on it its not even funnny. there are more layers of fiberglass in one area and less on others. you can even see thru certain parts of the tail.

#14 ·
I just got the racer deal on Hotbodies. I was not disappointed in the product. I recently had the AK race tail and I would say they were very comparable in quality... If you want a decent set of plastic cheap, get the hotbodies... it's just a race bike man... I ain't Haden nor will I ever be! If I looks good at 150, who cares? Hotbodies feels like it would crash as good as any others. I'll post up pics soon. I am painting it now.

#15 ·
bellevuetlr said:
A lot of negative feedback on hotbodies eh. I have heard the same aswell, but if the price is significantly cheaper than the others, I wouldnt mind doing a little fiberglass repair here and there. I just need some skins for the track.
a little fibergalss repair? its a lot, and its maybe i know what the heck i am looking it at since i am helping build parts. i am starting to notcie every little flaw there are in products now and its annoying me. i wanna go back to the days were i didnt know

#18 · (Edited)
out of all the race bodywork people have given me to paint, AK was the closest to "ready to paint" I have ever seen. My AK bodywork took VARY little work to get it from the box to the bike. the tail was a bit lumpy but there were literally only 2 or 3 clusters of pin holes and even those clusters were small (3 to 5 Pinholes per cluster) the other thing that's nice about AK is they give you "Landmarks" for drilling to make mounting that much easier. the other company I have heard good things about GP composite, but I have yet to see any of it personally that wasn't painted.

I'm sure this isn't true with all these companies:dontknow: , but I kinda think you get what you pay for. I know that's an old saying but I think on race bodywork its really true. my theory is that if your buying race bodywork at a racers discount your going to get the "seconds" or there half assed work and if you pay full price your going to get the best they have to offer.

Kyle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.