Factory Pro Velocity Stacks - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-15-2004, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,311
Posting Frequency
 
Factory Pro Velocity Stacks

Gauging the interest on this for a GB.
I contacted flatout to see if he can get them, maybe we get a better deal if we get 5-10 orders.
BNninja is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 11-15-2004, 09:11 AM
I really need to get out of the house
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fo Wo TEXAS
Posts: 11,176
Posting Frequency
Images: 25
           
Cool

Did we ever find out if the tenr benefits from the stacks?

Might be interested if there is something to gain and the price is right.
Andy is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 11-15-2004, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,311
Posting Frequency
 
I looked at the facotroy pro site and they show benefits of 3-4 hp starting at 7k rpms, but attribute 1-3 to the BMC race air filter...although I've never seen anyone gain hp from an air filter...I might be wrong. Factory did not alter the FI mapping with a PCIII or the teka and achieved this gain. Retail is $229, so maybe we can get them under $200 shipped? Typical, $100 a hp rate. There have been 3 people here who have said they were ordering them and would "post results" WTF happened????

http://www.factorypro.com/images/dynocharts/dyno_K95,07_55in,15out,Vstacks,BMCr,noPCvs_stkair, stkstacks,noPC,300.jpg

A guy on the 10r-forum.com talked to a kawi race rep at a dealer show and they said the factory pro stacks and a PCIII are the way to go with the ZX10r. This guy had no reason to lie and it came from a kawi race rep promoting non-kawasaki parts. Check the 3-5th post down

http://zx-10r-forum.com/showthread.p...hlight=factory

Last edited by BNninja; 11-15-2004 at 10:16 AM.
BNninja is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 Old 11-15-2004, 11:12 AM
OG Post Whore
 
stunnerific_harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: sandy eggo
Posts: 10,400
Posting Frequency
 
Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
i remember a guy a while back put them on his bike and said there was really no gain. i dont recall the link or anything but i remember reading about it
stunnerific_harry is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 11-15-2004, 04:28 PM
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,620
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNninja
I looked at the facotroy pro site and they show benefits of 3-4 hp starting at 7k rpms, but attribute 1-3 to the BMC race air filter...although I've never seen anyone gain hp from an air filter...I might be wrong. Factory did not alter the FI mapping with a PCIII or the teka and achieved this gain. Retail is $229, so maybe we can get them under $200 shipped? Typical, $100 a hp rate. There have been 3 people here who have said they were ordering them and would "post results" WTF happened????

http://www.factorypro.com/images/dynocharts/dyno_K95,07_55in,15out,Vstacks,BMCr,noPCvs_stkair, stkstacks,noPC,300.jpg

A guy on the 10r-forum.com talked to a kawi race rep at a dealer show and they said the factory pro stacks and a PCIII are the way to go with the ZX10r. This guy had no reason to lie and it came from a kawi race rep promoting non-kawasaki parts. Check the 3-5th post down

http://zx-10r-forum.com/showthread.p...hlight=factory


HAHAHHA 200 dollars for little tubes of plastic/rubber.....niiiiice! No Thanks!
Louks03 is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 11-15-2004, 05:25 PM
MIA Post Whore
 
miykl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Princeton, Tx --'Nawlins refugee
Posts: 8,727
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louks03
HAHAHHA 200 dollars for little tubes of plastic/rubber.....niiiiice! No Thanks!
Looks like billet alum on their website..
miykl is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 11-16-2004, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,311
Posting Frequency
 
They are billet and you are paying for R&D time to develop the highest gains. And if you have been around you will see it is $100 per hp or $50 for each pund lost. That seems to be the scale people use.
BNninja is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 11-16-2004, 10:55 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,071
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNninja
They are billet and you are paying for R&D time to develop the highest gains. And if you have been around you will see it is $100 per hp or $50 for each pund lost. That seems to be the scale people use.
210.00 shipped guys give me a call to order.
Slava
317-890-9110
flatout is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 11-16-2004, 01:14 PM
MIA Post Whore
 
miykl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Princeton, Tx --'Nawlins refugee
Posts: 8,727
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
          
Ordered mine today. Will post pics and opinions when installed.
miykl is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 11-16-2004, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,311
Posting Frequency
 
My money fell through, dogs got sick, so let me know what you think please miykl and I will order them if you give them good reports. What air filter are you running?
BNninja is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone tried Velocity stacks yet? BNninja Performance and Tech 9 10-29-2004 02:15 PM
velocity stacks rob The ZX-10R 16 06-27-2004 07:41 PM
Blew my Factory pipe off Vonstallin The ZX-10R 15 06-14-2004 11:06 AM
NO factory bikes or support for teams in WSB zxsrr Archives 4 11-16-2003 04:53 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome