All I wanted was an Acumen Dg8 indicator! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-26-2005, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

All I wanted was an Acumen Dg8 indicator!

I'm posting this for vgmaster as i made a boo boo with the other two he posted so consider it his thread.

Hey guys/gals,

Thought I would share an incident that I had trying to get some motorcycle parts on-line. I put up a post on a sister forum for a price quote on an Acumen P-N-P Digital Gear Indicator SHIPPED to an APO address. 03 APR 05 Adrian Thornton from 12 O'COLOCK MOTORSPORTS ([email protected]) in Arizona replies back that he can get it to me for $115. 04 APR 05 I jump on it and send the money via PayPal. 04 APR 05 the money clears my account. 07 APR 05 I still don't hear anything from Adrian Thornton from 12 O'COLOCK MOTORSPORTS ([email protected]) so I send an e-mail asking the status of the indicator. 08 APR 05 still no answer so I try to call, from England, the phone number provided but I get a voice mail so I leave a message. 11 APR 05 Adrian Thornton from 12 O'COLOCK MOTORSPORTS ([email protected]) finally replies to my first e-mail saying that he can't ship to an APO address. I phone him, still from England mind you, to ask why he did not state this previously. He said that he didn't read that so he tells me that he is going to ship it out USPS that day. I ask him if he wants any extra money because it is going to cost extra to do this and he says no. He also says that once it ships he'll send a tracking number as well. I'm thinking, "cool, this guy really knows how to keep his business even though he makes a mistake!" So, a week goes by and nothing. 2 weeks go by and nothing. All this while I keep checking my APO BOX almost daily in the hopes that my new toy will arrive. I also keep e-mailing and phoning with no replies. Still nothing. Now it's 25 APR 05 and I get an e-mail from PayPal saying that I have a refund from Adrian Thornton from 12 O'COLOCK MOTORSPORTS ([email protected]). No e-mail or phone call from him. Really frustrating since I am a military guy stationed overseas and I have to rely on the internet to shop for most of my stuff. Funny thing is that APOs originate within the continental U.S. So, I guess it's good that I got my money back but I still want that indicator. Anyone know where I can get one? I want a BLUE display Acumen Dg8 Digital Gear Indicator plug-and-play (plug-in model). Thanks for listening and stay safe.

my sincere apologies vgmaster.

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-26-2005, 07:24 PM

Posting Frequency

That's cool, I appreciate it. Just trying to get the word out and make sure people are aware of crap like this!
post #3 of 8 Old 04-26-2005, 07:26 PM

Posting Frequency

P.S. Big Daddy, was there anything good attached to those other 2 posts (I.E. any sponsors willing to sell?)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-26-2005, 10:44 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Thumbs up Reply

I not trying to stir up any trouble when you intially asked me to buy one I said no problem. Is $115 shipped to the 50 states and you said Ok and paid for it the next day I go to ship it and your address is in Germany I email you as soon as I found out. You emailed back
"Well I'm Germany so I say that's not enough to ship to Germany. So you give me a different address and I try to ship and it told me invalid address. So then I talk to you and we try to use USPS which cost me extra but I said I would do it for free. I shipped it out and four days later it was returned to me so I decided not to persue this any further so I don't lose any more money. Long story short you tried to take advantage of the situation.

WE DONT SHIP OUTSIDE THE 50 STATES.

"MY BIKE IS FASTER THAN YOURS I CAN TEACH YOU BUT I'LL HAVE TO CHARGE"

"I've never seen the "eco" mode on my Gen 4 dash I read about it in the owners manual" : some racer
post #5 of 8 Old 04-27-2005, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgmaster
P.S. Big Daddy, was there anything good attached to those other 2 posts (I.E. any sponsors willing to sell?)?
Yea one post actually had something in it about them being available where your at but i don't recall the specifics sorry. Heres some links for them in the UK......

http://www.net-biker.co.uk/acatalog/...mentation.html

http://www.4-motorcycles.co.uk/acata...mentation.html

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.

Last edited by Big Daddy; 04-27-2005 at 04:42 AM.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-27-2005, 07:58 PM

Posting Frequency

That's total BS HKMP7! First off I told you that I'm stationed in ENGLAND. Second I specifically asked you if you wanted extra money to send it USPS, YOU SAID NO. My original post asking for the indicator CLEARLY stated 'shipping to an APO ADDRESS'. You replied to the post so naturally I took it as you actually read the post. I still don't see how I was 'taking advantage of the situation'. I think that's BS. Plus, why did you not keep in touch on what was happening? I called many, many times (from England) and talked only to your voice mail. You have had my HOME e-mail address from the beginning. So far I have had just as many e-mails from you as you have posted under this heading. Here's a long story short for you, I don't recommend and/or will not recommend your company to anyone. Period. Thanks.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-28-2005, 07:44 AM

Posting Frequency

acumen are made in the UK, I said it BD...I've been looking at them for a while now.
I think I will order one soon....very soon actually. I'm a lazy man and my mind is not thinking of what gear I'm in.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-01-2005, 08:05 PM

Posting Frequency

i got mine from performance auto group, i paid $130 plug and play shipped, but when i asked one for a R1 for a friend he told me 140 shipped.. i guess he likes zx10 better.hehe. well ask for cory. if u need any more info. just ask me. he has awsome customer service. after having mine for a few months it just didnt work right, i emailed him up and he told me no problem just send it back and he'll send me another one. he even gave me his number. i talked to him. hes a great person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in