ZZRJo's Race Bike Build Thread (2012 ZX-10r)
I wasn't initially sure whether or not I wanted to post a build thread so I haven't taken many pictures that clearly show the process. I will start to do so moving forward. I also haven't positioned myself in the ZX10r forums with the same enthusiasm as I have on the zx6r forums.
I've decided, obviously, to go ahead and give it a shot anyway. :devious I purchased a bone stock 2012 ZX10r with 900 miles on it and am prepping it as I continue this racing racing season and move into the next.
- Partial Street part removal -- Completed 05/10/15
- Vortex Reinforced Case Covers -- Completed 06/13/15
- Safety Wire Drilling -- Completed 05/16/15
- M4 Exhaust -- Completed 06/17/15
- Vortex Dual Carbon Brakes -- Completed 07/11/15
- Full Street Part Removal -- Completed 07/12/15
- Shorai Lightweight Battery -- Completed 7/17/16
- SharkSkinz Race Bodywork -- Completed 07/17/15
- Ignition Delete -- Half Complete 07/17/15
- Sprocket Change (-1/+3) -- Completed 07/29/15
- Vortex Levers -- Planned 08/24/15
- Vortex Clip-ons -- Planned 08/24/15
- Vortex Grips -- Planned 08/24/15
- ECU reflash
- New Rear Shock (Penske...?)
- New Fork Carts (Penske...?)
- Vortex Rearsets
- Annitori QuickShifter
Bone-stock, ready for lovin'
What she currently looks like
Last edited by ZZRJo; 08-24-2015 at 05:21 PM.